Nominations Open for the BGS PTO Board
Our PTO Board NEEDS You! We know it's a very odd year and the last thing you're thinking of is volunteering. However, if we don't have a PTO Board in place before the end of the school year, we'll be unable to plan the programming you've come to know and love.
Most of our current board is 3rd and 4th grade parents. The ideal situation is that they are available to mentor you into a new role while they're still around and can show you the ropes.
Open positions and a brief description of responsibilities are as follows::
- 2 Co-Presidents - responsible for planning the PTO calendar with the Principal and establishing the annual PTO budget with the Treasurer. Presides at all meetings. Coordinates with committee chairs for events to ensure planning is on track. URGENT NEED - NO CANDIDATES
- 1 Co-Vice President - serves in the President's absence. Coordinates classroom parents and teacher grant programs. 1 CANDIDATE NOMINATED TO DATE
- 2 Co-Corresponding Secretaries - Submits facilities use requests for events once calendar is approved. Purchases and distributes Sunshine gifts for special events such as births, marriages, illness, deaths, or special awards for staff members. Maintains scrapbook. URGENT NEED - NO CANDIDATES
- 1 Co-Recording Secretary - Keeps minutes of all meetings. 1 CANDIDATE NOMINATED TO DATE
- 1 Co-Treasurer - splits duties with other co-treasurer to maintain financial records, deposit funds at the bank, write checks, and ensure the PTO finances are healthy. URGENT NEED - NO CANDIDATES
Full details for each role's duties are further described in our PTO By-Laws on our PTO website. Our nominating committee will be soliciting nominations until May 18. Board elections will be conducted at our June PTO meeting, with specific timing to be updated based on school schedules.
If you'd like to run (or re-run) for one of these open positions or have further questions about what the roles entail, please contact our Nominating Committee via Kelly Schmidt (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Janine Guasco (email@example.com).
Great events can't happen without a great team working to plan them!
Supporting Our Essential Personnel
Thanks to your generous support, we're just over $500 in donations to support our front line personnel. We're currently working to arrange another set of deliveries.
If you'd like to contribute to our Feed the Front Line fund, you can donate here: paypal.me/BGSPTO or via AtoZ Connect (in the store, choose go to the Donations category). You choose how much you'd like to donate. Each time the pool reaches $200, we'll partner with a local establishment to feed our front line workers!
Sharing On Behalf of District PTO's
FINAL DAY for Nominations for Eisenhower PTO Board
EISENHOWER INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL PTO
The Nominating Committee is
For the Eisenhower PTO Executive Board
The following positions are up for election in the 2020-2021 school year:
Co-President (two positions)
Co-Vice President (two positions)
Recording Secretary (one position)
Corresponding Secretary (one position)
Co-Treasurer (two positions)
Webmaster (one position)
The PTO By-Laws are up on the District Website and available for reference here.
A job description for each position is outlined in the file attached below.
Candidates running for the above listed board positions should have attended the majority of PTO meetings and have chaired at least one committee in your respective school(s). If no person is nominated with these qualifications, the PTO Board has the right to waive these requirements.
Once all nominations have been received, a slate will be presented and candidates will be elected by a show of hands or by ballot if there is more than one candidate. For names to appear on the ballot, nominees must be submitted by May 15, 2020. However, nominations will still be accepted up to the night of the election but will appear as “write-in” candidates.
Please note that only paid Eisenhower PTO members are eligible to vote.
If you would like to nominate an individual, including yourself, please contact:
Hiren Khakharia - Nominating Committee firstname.lastname@example.org
Marisa Cirriani – Nominating Committee email@example.com
Joe Diskin– School Principal firstname.lastname@example.org