STARS Academy 5th Grade Culmination
Wednesday, June 9th
An On-Campus Celebration is Happening!
We are excited and thankful that despite our challenging year and public health guidelines, we will be able to hold an event celebrating our 5th graders, on campus...with multiple safety guidelines in place (see below). We will celebrate together with ALL our 5th graders from both cohorts, on the morning of June 9.
Schedule of Events:
- 8:30 ALL 5th graders, from both Cohort A and Cohort B arrive at school wearing school uniforms and closed toe, comfortable shoes.
- 8:45 Upper Grade Playground gates open for Check-in of (up to 4 max.) REGISTERED family members. [Seats will be pre-assigned, using a randomizer]
- 9:15-10:00 Culmination Celebration
- 10:00 Families leave...Kids Stay
- 5th grade FUN and BBQ!
- 12:00 5th Grade Dismissal [Pick up for the day!]
- 5th graders complete their reinforcing academic activities in the afternoon. Finish Strong!
CVUSD 2021 Guidelines for Culminations, Promotions, and Graduations
These are the guidelines that will be in place at our school (and all CVUSD schools) for our celebration events.
- Attendance must be limited to school staff, graduates, and 4 household members only.
- People from the same household unit do not need to be 6 feet apart and are permitted to sit together and less than 6 feet apart.
- All guests should self-screen for fever and COVD-19 Symptoms before leaving home for the event.
- All staff and students will be screened for fever and COVID-19 symptoms upon arriving for the event.
- All attendees must wear masks as per CDPH Face Coverings Guidance
- All attendees must maintain distance of at least 6 feet from non-household attendees at all times, including when arriving to and exiting from the event
- Persons who are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19 (e.g., due to age or underlying conditions) should be discouraged from attending.
- Individuals who are sick or in isolation or quarantine must remain at home.
- Handshaking and hugs should not occur with anyone who is not a household member
Register to Attend Culmination
Up to 4 (maximum) members of your household may attend our culmination celebration. ALL GUESTS MUST BE REGISTERED to enter campus.
Culmination pictures are now ready to view and purchase! If you have not received your email from Cornerstone, you can click here to view your portrait. The online code will be your child's ID.
5th Grade Culmination
Wednesday, June 9th, 9:15-10am
1211 Calle Almendro
Thousand Oaks, CA
Seating will be on the upper grade blacktop. Seats will be randomly assigned for each attending household, prior to the event.