Chandler High Wolf Bytes
School of Champions
CHS Basketball Featured on Sportscenter
N’Keal Harry was featured as the #1 play on ESPN’s SportsCenter after breaking the backboard with a dunk in the boys basketball 62-47 win against Mesa Mt. View.
chs wrestling - Coach Mejia
Congratulations to Coach Vidal Mejia, CHS Wrestling Coach, on achieving his 200th Chandler win against Highland. This was Coach Mejia’s (pictured left) 232nd overall win.
positive referral drawing
Jocelyn Navarro, CHS Sophomore, won an ASUS Chromebook during CHS’s Fall Semester Positive Referral Drawing. Eighty-one students were recognized with positive referrals for exhibiting great attitude, work ethic and behavior in the classroom and on campus. Jocelyn earned her positive referral from Mrs. Kari Williams for her hard work and helpfulness. Great work, Jocelyn!
girls cross country
Alexis Nichols was named Runner of the Year for the All-Tribune Girls Cross Country Team. Additionally, Coach Matt Lincoln was named Coach of the Year. Ava Hamilton was named to the team, and Gabrielle Enns, Mihajla Milovanovic and Becca Taylor received Honorable Mention. Congratulations, Wolves! For more information, you can find a complete article on Girls Cross Country from the East Valley Tribune.
Congratulations to the following CHS Varsity Football Players for their recent awards from the National Football Foundation:
- Dustin Woodard: Frank Kush Award for top Arizona Senior Offensive Lineman
- Mason Moran: Danny White Award for top Arizona Senior Quarterback
Abbey Brumfiel, a Chandler High Softball player, participated in “Shop with a Jock” in December. This community service project arranges for high school student-athletes to volunteer their time and money to go shopping with a child in need during the holiday season. Abbey and her 3rd grade buddy spent the day getting to know one another while they shopped for items to purchase for her family. Once finished, Abbey helped the young girl wrap the gifts to place under her family tree.
german honors society
With money raised from its Harkins fundraiser, the German Honors Society went shopping to benefit the PHX Children's Hospital Toy Drive. GHS is sponsored by Mrs. Amy Hatchner.
last week's winning scores
- Varsity Girls Soccer def. Red Mountain 1-0
- Varsity Boys Soccer def. Desert Ridge 5-0, Queen Creek 2-1, and Desert Vista 2-0
- JV Boys Soccer def. Desert Ridge 1-0
- Freshman Girls Basketball def. Mountain View (Mesa) 55-6
- JV Girls Basketball def. Mountain View (Mesa) 54-26
- Varsity Girls Basketball def. Mountain View (Mesa) 64-21
- Varsity Boys Basketball def. Mountain View (Mesa) 62-47, Dobson 93-85, and Marcos de Niza 83-73
- JV Boys Basketball def. Dobson 93-70
- Freshman Boys Basketball def. Dobson 68-41
this week's home events
- Tuesday 1/5: Girls Basketball vs Gilbert HS- Freshman @ 4 pm; JV @ 5:30 pm; and Varsity @ 7pm
- Wednesday 1/6: Girls Soccer vs Mountain Pointe- JV @ 4 pm and Varsity @ 6 pm
- Thursday 1/7: Girls Basketball vs Basha- Freshman @ 4 pm; JV @ 5:30 pm; and Varsity @ 7 pm
- Friday, 1/8: Boys Soccer vs Hamilton- JV @ 4 pm and Varsity @ 6 pm
The CHS Choral Department, under the direction of Ms. Lori Lyford, performed their 2015-2016 Winter Concert on December 14th in front of a full CCA house. The concert featured Women’s Choir, Advanced Women’s Choir, Men’s Choir, Treblemakers, Chamber Choir, and Chorale. The combined choirs and CHS choir alumni from ’09-’15 sang With Gladness, Cheer and Song! for a moving finale. Good luck to the Men’s Choir and Treblemakers who will be traveling to Reno, NV this month to perform at the Barbershop Harmony Society’s Midwinter Youth Chorus Festival!
save the dates
Chandler High School Curriculum Night
Thursday, Jan. 14th, 5:45-7:30pm
250 North Arizona Avenue
Doors open at 5:45 PM, and presentations will begin at 6:30
- Displays from each department
- Information about all of our athletic, art and extracurricular programs
- Brief presentation by CHS administrators and program coordinators
- Meet teachers face to face
- Get information about our amazing programs
Great for current 8th grade families or others interested in transferring to CHS.
CHS Honors Program Information Night
Thursday, Jan. 21st, 6-7:30pm
250 North Arizona Avenue
- IB-MYP program for 9th and 10th grade students
- IB-Diploma program for 11th and 12th grade students
- AP classes available to all grade levels
- Information about Honors classes for all grade levels
YEARBOOK SENIOR ADS
Process for purchasing a Yearbook Senior Ad: For more information, visit the yearbook website.
- Payment for the Ad: Cash or a check written to Chandler High School Yearbook, paid to the bookstore.
- Give bookstore your envelope with student name, grade, email address, & ID number on it. In the envelope include Senior Ad Order Form which shows page option (⅛, ¼, ½, full).
- If you are NOT submitting through email, include Senior Ad form, photos & TYPED text in envelope. You are encouraged to send photos & text thru email address below.
- Count the photo spaces on the yearbook spread that you have chosen, and only send that many photos through the email. You may only be able to send 1 to 3 photos maximum for each email you send us. This is the preferred way of sending photos & text to us. Pictures will NOT be returned! If you do not have email, you can submit photos on a CD put it in an envelope and then give to Bookstore.
Also, text must be typed and sent to the email address below. If you have no access to a computer, the information will be available at the school bookstore.
Email address: email@example.com
It's not too late! Help support extra-curricular activities and extended learning beyond the regular school day by making a tax credit donation to Chandler High School. The state of Arizona allows taxpayers to receive a tax credit of up to $200 ($400 if married and filing jointly) when you make a tax credit donation to our school. Yes, taxpayers receive a dollar-for-dollar credit towards their state tax return. Tutoring, student clubs and field trips are just a few of the enrichment programs that are supported through tax credit donations. Click here for more info, and please name Chandler High School as the recipient of your donation. Thank you for your support!
career center news
- Cappex.com: A network that connects you with different colleges and many scholarships.
- CollegeNET.com: A social network in which participating students are eligible every week to win a scholarship of approximately $300, AND a quarterly scholarship of up to $20,000
- CollegeProwler.com: A network that will tie your information with colleges of interest and many scholarships worth millions.
- FastWeb.com: A searchable database of millions of scholarships worth billions of dollars.
- FinAid.org: This award-winning site includes a comprehensive database of scholarships, student financial aid information, advice and tools.
- Secrets To Winning a Scholarship: From the publisher of FinAid.org and FastWeb.com, a presentation on how to find and win scholarships. Also visit this website to purchase a copy of his book.
- Scholarships.com: Browse through 2.7 million free scholarships and grants worth more than $19 billion.
- Scholarshipdetective.com: A popular website that will act as a search engine for millions of scholarships.
- StudentScholarships.org: Provided a comprehensive database of scholarships for students all year around.
- Zinch.com: This site will match you to $1.9 billion in scholarships and financial aid