Tison Roo News 2015-16
Week of February 22-26
UPCOMING TISON EVENTS
Thursday, Feb. 25 -- Tison OAP (One Act Play) Public Performance @ 6:00 PM in the Tison cafetorium
Saturday, Feb. 27 -- UIL Competition Day for the Tison OAP students
Monday, Feb. 29 -- Tison Registration Fair @ 6:30 PM in the Tison Cafeteria...a showcase of all Tison has to offer for incoming 7th graders as well as any Tison student who started mid-year
Thursday, Mar. 3 -- Track Meet @ Joshua High School (Joshua, TX) for both 7th & 8th grade boys/girls
Tuesday, Mar. 8 -- Tison Tennis vs. Hall @ the NGC (games starting at 4:00 PM)
YOU'RE INVITED TO A PUBLIC PERFORMANCE OF "THE LITTLE MATCH GIRL"
BUY A ROO "SHOUT OUT"
How to submit your application (DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, MARCH 11, 2016)
- You can deliver this form and payment directly to Mrs. Fenton (cash or check made out to Tison MS)
- You can email this filled out form to email@example.com. The form cannot be processed until payment is received.
- Payment can be dropped off in the front office with all necessary information included.
**To add a picture, search for BALFOUR IMAGE SHARE in your app marketplace, download the free app, and enter our project number 606340 and password Tison**
COLLEGE ACADEMY - A PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN WISD & WEATHERFORD COLLEGE
The College Academy provides Weatherford ISD students opportunities to take as few as one or as many as 20 college courses, earning college credit while working toward high school graduation.
For more information, click on the PDF link below:
COLLEGE ACADEMY REGISTRATION & CHECKLIST
PARENTS OF 8th GRADE STUDENTS! Registration is currently open for the College Academy as well as the TSI (Texas Success Initiative) Test. Below is a checklist of items to be done in order to successfully admit your student into the College Academy program:
- Sign up for the TSI Test by February 29th. To sign up, go to: https://docs.google.com/a/weatherfordisd.com/forms/d/1FCrA5o6McP58ezQT0IJx7hXeAfP7cPf62HqaqpwRuIk/viewform?c=0&w=1
- Complete the pre-test checklist for TSI (prior to March 5). For checklist, go to: http://tinyurl.com/pre-TSIchecklist
- Apply to college via ApplyTexas @ https://www.applytexas.org/adappc/gen/c_start.WBX
- Successfully complete Reading portion of TSI (offered at WHS on March 5th)
- Register for classes at the Ninth Grade Center (late March)
- Arrange for tuition payments
TSI & SAT RESOURCES
TSI (Texas Success Initiative) Test -- SAMPLE QUESTIONS
STUDENT SPOTLIGHT -- 20 QUESTIONS IN 60 SECONDS
Diego Duran, 7th grader
A member of the Tison staff had this to say about Diego: "Diego gives 110% effort in everything I have ever asked of him. He always has a smile and positive attitude. Diego pays attention to the details and truly desires to "get it right" whether in the classroom or in being a good citizen. Diego is highly motivated and has a great sense of humor. We're so lucky he's a Tison Roo!"
In order to get to know Diego a little better, he completed a "20 Questions in 60 Seconds" questionnaire. Below are his answers:
1. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
2. Do you have any pets?
yes and their names are Bear and Captain
3. If you could have the perfect birthday party, what would it be?
To go visit a professional soccer player
4. What is your favorite food?
5. What is your favorite kind of candy?
6. What is your favorite color?
7. What is your favorite zoo animal?
A Rhino because it looks big and tough.
8. What do you want to be when you get older?
A Petroleum Engineer because i am interested in discovering ways to find petroleum and learn more about it.
9. What is one thing you don't know how to do that you wish you did?
10. What is your favorite thing to study at school?
11. What do you like to do for fun?
12. Do you prefer to spend your time inside or outside?
Outside because i like the outdoors
13. What do you like to do as soon as you get home from school?
Go outside and play soccer
14. What is your favorite TV show?
15. What is your favorite movie? Why?
16. What is the best toy that you ever had?
17. What is your favorite restaurant?
18. Who has the best kids' meal toys right now?
19. What is your favorite book?
20. What is your favorite video game?
CONNECT WITH TISON ON TWITTER!
Just search for and then "follow" the following:
@tisonprincipal (Principal, Carrie Harrison)
@WeatherfordDad (Assistant Principal, Trace Craft)
@LisaEdmunds (Assistant Principal, Lisa Edmunds)
@1LBaird (Keyboarding teacher, Laura Baird)
@belledirector (Tison All Stars/WHS Blue Belles Director, Laura Buckner)
@MrsFentonTMS (7th grade Math & yearbook teacher, Leslie Fenton)
@Profe_Ferrell (Spanish teacher & NJHS co-sponsor, Kym Ferrell)
@mrsafowler (Texas History teacher, Amanda Fowler)
@coachgommert (7th grade Science teacher & coach, Colton Gommert)
@tisonlibrary (Librarian, Leah Greer)
@MharrisScience (7th grade Science teacher, Melissa Harris)
@AndreaHayward3 (8th grade Math teacher, Andrea Hayward)
@KerfootSylvia (STACI aide, Sylvia Kerfoot)
@ErinLight3 (7th grade ELA teacher & Tennis coach, Erin Light)
@SimplyDramaStac (Theater Arts teacher, Stacey Mitchell)
@wmohr8 (8th grade Math teacher, Wendy Mohr)
@mattnovikoff (Inclusion/Math Resource Teacher, Matt Novikoff)
@stpatterson11 (8th grade ELA teacher & cheerleading sponsor)
@smilesas8 (8th grade Science teacher, Sally Scott)
@ToniScience (8th grade Science teacher & NJHS co-sponsor, Toni Smith)