We Are... Room 304!
Miss Anderson's Weekly Scoop
April 20-24, 2015
April 20th-22nd ~
- Math PSSA Testing for Grades 3 - 6 - Please limit absences and appointments for the mornings of Monday through Wednesday!
April 20th ~
- Happy Birthday Sophia C.! - Wear PINK to celebrate Sophia's day!
April 21st ~
- Home & School Association Spirit Night - Chick-Fil-A, Warrington - 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
April 22nd ~
- Science Fun Day Parent Meeting @ 6:15 PM in the Dining Room
- S.A.C. Spirit Day - Crazy Hat Day
- Home & School Association Father & Son Event - SMG Sportsplex 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Science PSSA Testing Grade 4 - Please limit absences and appointments for the mornings of Monday and Tuesday!
- Happy Birthday Rebecca Z.!
- Unit #10 Math Test
- SCIENCE FUN DAY!
Box Tops... Box Tops... Calling All Box Tops!
Don't forget to send in your Ziploc bag full of Box Tops by April 30, 2015.
A few quick things about this week...
Please check here for assignments and their due dates.
Mystery Books will be finished by April 24th. There will be no reading assignments this week; however, students may choose to work on their "Final Project Packet" to outline their puzzle pieces. We will be working on the project in school, and it will be due April 30th.
No Reading Journals will be due until after PSSA testing!
We will begin to explore the genre of poetry this week! We will continue to work on generating some poetry this week, and will ultimately begin publishing our own poetry books this month! Please check our class website Writing page for examples posted this week of the poems we are publishing!
Students should be writing at home 2+ times per week in their Writer's Notebooks. All "at home" entries should be dated and marked with an (H) to clearly identify an "at home" entry. Remember... the more they write, the better writers they will become!
We will be wrapping up Unit #10 - Reflections and Symmetry. Please be aware that students will have a Unit #10 test on THURSDAY, APRIL 30th. Students will not have Study Links to complete at home this week due to PSSA testing; however, study links will be completed in class.