Monday January 11
Theme 5 Week 2 Stories and Rhymes
You will review the STAR, BALLOON, DRAIN, and PRETZEL breathing activities. Pick one to do for the day after reviewing them.
Commitment for the week: Have your child pick which commitment they would like to try for the day: Helping Hands, using My Big Voice, Listening Ears, Kind Words
Today's Morning Message:
The three bears sat in chairs.
- Read the words in each sentence.l. Identify the rhyming words.Name other words that rhyme with bears and chairs.
Moving and Learning
Three Bears' Rap
Looking at the cover of the book and talk about what you think that the book will be about and what you will see in the book.
Go over vocabulary words. Talk about the story and how what happens to Papa Bear is different from what happens to Baby Bear(Baby's soup is all gone, his chair is broken, their is someone in his bead.)
Vocabulary to review in the book:
Comprehension Skills and Dramatic Expression will be the focus for the literacy lessons this week.
Literacy Activity for Three Bears' Rap
Daily Literacy Practice
- writing your name
- putting together name puzzle
- practice saying the letters and sounds of the letters in your name when someone points to the letters in random order
- Review flashcards for letters that you have already covered from previous weeks.
- Add this weeks letters to flashcards Make one that is the uppercase letter and one that is the lowercase letter. Review these letters each day.
- Find things in your house that start with each letter we have studied.
Gather 3 balls and have your child touch each item and discuss if the item is hard or soft. Then put the items in order from softest to hardest. Ex: cotton ball, rubber ball, marble.
Then line the balls up and let your child try to thump the ball and see how far it moves. You can use yarn to mark how far the ball moved. Talk about which went the longest distance. Why do you think it traveled farther?