Fork Shoals Library Ledger
News for the week of April 8th
Spring into a Good Book!
- Capture the Flag by Kate Messner
- The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen
- Justin Case: School, Drool, and Other Daily Disasters by Rachel Vail
- Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver
- Love, Aubrey by Suzanne LaFleur
- The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg by Rodman Philbrick
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
- Radiance by Alyson Noel
- The Search for WondLa by Tony DiTerlizzi
- The Small Adventure of Popeye and Elvis by Barbara O'Connor
- Ungifted by Gordon Korman
- We Can't All Be Rattlesnakes by Patrick Jennings
- Wild River by P.J. Petersen
- Grumpy Grandpa by Heather Henson
- The Hallelujah Flight by Phil Bildner
- Hot Rod Hamster by Cynthia Lord
- Jackson and Bud's Bumpy Ride by Elizabeth Koehler-Pentacoff
- My Garden by Kevin Henkes
- Panda Kindergarten by Joanne Ryder
- Sophie Peterman Tells the Truth! by Sarah Weeks
- We're All in the Same Boat by Zachary Shapiro
- Zombie in Love by Kelly DiPucchio
Greenville Drive Reading All-Stars
Twenty-seven Fork Shoals students participated in this year's Greenville Drive Reading All-Stars program. These students will be recognized at the Greenville Drive game at Fluor Field on Monday, April 15th, at 7:05pm. Participating students received one free ticket to the game. At the celebration game, students will receive a free t-shirt and have the opportunity to march around the field in a Parade of Champions.
Participating students are reminding to be at Fluor Field at 6pm on the day of the celebration game to redeem ticket vouchers, pick up t-shirts, and line up for the Parade of Champions.
Any friends or family members who wish to attend the celebration game must purchase additional game tickets.
Book of the Week: 1 Zany Zoo by Lori Degman and Colin Jack
1 Zany Zoo, written by Lori Degman and illustrated by Colin Jack, was nominated for the 2012-13 South Carolina Picture Book Award.
The best part about 1 Zany Zoo has to be the illustrations. Colin Jack’s exciting pictures bring to mind Disney favorites, most especially the Banks’ children’s journey into the magical paintings in Mary Poppins. Children will enjoy counting the different animals in this book as well as looking for the mischievous fox that has stolen the zookeeper’s keys. (He appears in every panel–in some form or fashion.)
Any young reader getting ready to visit the zoo should definitely check out this charming book. It would be fun to hear what they think zoo animals do while no one is watching!
Dates to Remember:
- April 8 - SIC meeting @ 7:30am
- April 8-17 - Boosterthon
- April 8 - Boosterthon Pep Rally
- April 9 - Chick-Fil-A Night Out, 5-8pm
- April 9 - Report Cards
- April 10 - March of Dimes materials due (Nothing should be sent to the school.)
- April 12 - Spirit Day; Purple Up for Military Kids Day
- April 15 - Greenville Drive Reading All-Stars Celebration Game
- April 17 - Boosterthon Fun Run
- April 24 - Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast
Purple Up for Military Kids
April is the month of the military child and Friday, April 12, is a special day of recognition. On that date, people may “Purple Up! for Military Kids” by wearing purple to show support for military children.