Archie R. Cole Middle School
Upcoming Week Notes: December 7, 2015 - December 11, 2015
EG "schools" competition:Intl Econ Summit 3-way tie 1st place @ColemiddleEG No.Korea @EGHSmatters Bosnia Bangladesh
PEMDAS group work
- Congratulations to Phyllis, Katie, and Ellise for a successful International Economic Summit. One of our Cole teams tied for first with two EGHS teams... Was an EG sweep.
- Jen, Olivia, and Brandon - Such amazing performances all around at the annual State House Concert - A favorite event for so many. And.. we all survived the cold during the 45 minute (where are the buses?) wait on the sidewalk with 120+ students. :)
- What is Hour Of Code - Anybody can host an Hour of Code anytime, but the grassroots campaign goal is for tens of millions of students to try an Hour of Code during December 7-13, in celebration of Computer Science Education Week. Is it one specific hour? No. You can do the Hour of Code anytime during this week. You're welcome to split up the Hour of Code into multiple sessions so long as your students finish the Hour of Code tutorial. Just do whatever works best for you and your students. (And if you can't do it during that week, do it the week before or after).
- Here is the link for the Hour of Code. Cait W. was able to make arrangements (via the Hour of Code website) the Hour of Code website and speak with students. So far I know that Lightning and BT will be doing Hour of Code with students.
- Please bring your laptop to the Faculty Meeting tomorrow as we will have an explanation of the Instructional Support System through RIDEMAP. Additionally, let me know if you do not have access to the Instructional Support System through RIDEMAP as you will need it for the meeting.
- Quarter 2 Progress Grades are due in Aspen at 2:00pm on 12/11.
- Have a great week!
This Week at Cole
2:30:Student Council Ice Skating
6:30pm:DC Trip parent meeting
2:15: Cole Leadership Team meeting
7:00pm: Jazz Ensemble Concert (EGHS)
7:00pm: 7th/8th Winter Concert (Cole)
2:00pm:Quarter 2 Progress Grades Due in Aspen
7:00-9:00pm: 7th/8th NJHS Snowflake Dance