How To Stay Safe On Social Networks
Tips About Staying Safe On Social Networks
Social Networks are basically apps or websites that you can post information, comments, messages, images, etc.
Some examples of social networks are Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Skype and oovoo.
Along with these advantagesd of having social networking accounts, there are many dangers as well these dangers include:
Stalking - Unwanted attention
offensive messages - Inappropriate messages
sharing too much information
Privacy settings on social media are settings that control who can see your profile.
You can access your privacy settings on most social media if you click the settings button.
The only people you should friend/follow on social networks are people you know or trust.
Keep your private Settings on private and as secure as possible - the only people who should be able to see your account are your freinds.
If there should be any problems on social networks you should immediately block that person and tell an adult you should also report the person - never meet up with someone you have only talked to online on your own.
Some usefull websites to find out more about E-Safety are:
Here are a few tips about staying safe online:
1. Never give out your passwords
2. Keep your privacy setting on private
3. Not everyone online is who they say they are
4. Only accept requests of people you know.
5. Make passwords long and strong and don't tell anyone your passwords
6. Never tell anyone where you go to school, where you live or telephone number
7. Tell an grown up if someone makes inappropriate suggestions to you or makes you feel uncomfortable online
8. Remember what you post online will always stay online and will never go