E-Newsletter for the NSC Community
Normandy to be Honored with the 2020 Dr. Rance Thomas Excellence in Community Partnership Award
With this dual enrollment program, Normandy students are able to graduate with their high school diploma and an associate degree (see photo). To learn more about the award Normandy will receive and the dual enrollment program, check out The Pulse of St. Louis's story - How Some Normandy High School Students are Graduating with an Associate Degree.
24:1's Got Talent - A CommUnity Event
Save the Date - Friends of Normandy Annual Scholarship Gala April 24
Mark your calendars! The annual Friends of Normandy Scholarship Gala is returning Friday, April 24 at the Norwood Hills Country Club. This annual black-tie gala is held to present scholarships to outstanding students and recognize exceptional teachers, district staff and volunteers. The gala is the centerpiece of each year’s fundraising activities and features dinner, live entertainment and an awards presentation. Please visit the Friends of Normandy web page for more information.
NSC is Now Hiring Bus Drivers
Take Our Communications Survey, Enter Drawing
In the last few years, Normandy has incorporated several communications platforms (e.g., social media, new website, mobile app), in addition to our tried-and-true methods of reaching our audiences and stakeholders (e.g., newsletters, public meetings, 'robocalls'). But we want to know: How are we doing? How can we improve? It is critical to have effective and open communications channels with families, community members, and our schools to improve student success.
If you have taken the survey, thank you! If not, click here to take our brief survey to give us feedback! If you choose to leave your name and email address, you will be entered into our prize drawing!
Mr. Brian Jones, Normandy Schools Collaborative Educator
It is with our deepest regret to inform the community that a cherished member of the Normandy Schools Collaborative staff, Brian Jones, passed away on Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2020. Mr. Jones joined the Normandy family in 2015, and most recently served as the speech, debate, and drama teacher for the EleMiddle schools. He also taught at the former Normandy 7th-8th Grade Center. Mr. Jones had a positive impact on both students and staff, and he will be deeply missed.
Our sincere condolences are with the students, colleagues, family and friends of Mr. Jones.
Normandy in the News
- Preparing for the Annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration - Fox 2 Now, Dec. 12
- Pulse - How Some Normandy High School Students are Graduating with an Associate Degree - KPLR The Pulse of St. Louis, Dec. 15
- Look Back - Breakfast in the Classroom - Community News, Jan. 1
- Look Back - School Lunch Reimagined - Community News, Jan. 1
- Normandy Senior Takes First Place in Lindenwood Fashion Show - Community News, Jan. 1
- 6th Grader’s Artwork Going in Transit - The St. Louis American, Jan. 2
- Trinity Singleton Selected for All Suburban Honors Treble Choir - The St. Louis American, Jan. 7
- STLCC-Florissant Valley and NCCU's 2020 Dr. MLK Jr. Celebration is Set - Community News, Jan. 8