DOLPHIN DIGEST 4/27/20
Community Newsletter for Arleta School
Traducción disponible Vaya al final del boletín y haga clic en el botón de traducción.
Dịch có sẵn Chuyển xuống cuối bản tin và nhấp vào nút dịch.
SPRING IS IN BLOOM AT ARLETA!
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- May 4-8: Teacher Appreciation Week - scroll down to learn how to participate
- May 12: VIRTUAL PTA Meeting | 6-7:30pm
FAMILY SUPPORT SURVEY
FOOD BENEFITS AVAILABLE
Households financially impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) may be able to qualify for The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). SNAP offers food benefits to eligible, low-income individuals and families. Find out if you are eligible and how to apply for food benefits.
DAILY MEAL SITES OPEN
SPECIALS START APRIL 27
Beginning on Monday, April 27th, our “Specials” Classes - Music, Physical Education, and Library for K-5, as well as Band, Art, Health, Spanish, and ESL for middle school. Check your regular online classrooms for more information.
TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK IS MAY 4-8
DISTANCE LEARNING RESOURCES
Bookmark these websites to keep up to date on distance learning resources:
https://www.pps.net/arleta: The Arleta School website is continually updated with news from PPS and will be your go-to resource for distance learning.
pps.net/hd: This is the main page for all Home-based Distance learning.
pps.net/parent and pps.net/student: Both of these direct you to the PPS Student and Parent Portal. This page is full of great information, the IMPORTANT LINKS TO PLATFORMS and FAQs about how to sign on and how to get support.
https://sites.google.com/pps.net/counselor-corner/home: This is the page set up by our awesome counselors, Allison List and Samantha Lannom, to address the emotional and support needs of students and parents.They will be adding Youtube videos and more.
Chromebook Help in Multiple Languages: We realize that some of our families may be unfamiliar with using Chromebooks. Google offers information on their site in multiple Languages.
For other languages, visit the English link above and scroll to the bottom of the Help Page to find a listing of languages. Or post any URL into translate.google.com to generate a link to the page translated into a different language.
Free Internet and Wifi: https://www.pps.net/page/1913
KINDER REGISTRATION IS OPEN
Critical board spots are open for next year! Please contact us at ArletaSchoolPTA@gmail for more info!
- We need a Treasurer to join our board! Training and support provided, we have easy-to-use software and most of the work can be done from home. This role is critical for us to maintain our non-profit status.
- We are also seeking a Volunteer Coordinator, Fundraising Coordinator, Events Coordinator and Grant Researcher/Writer
Read about the positions available here.
Thank you for supporting the Arleta PTA!
SUPPORT OUR LOCAL BUSINESSES
Fried Egg I'm in Love
Hammer & Jacks
Bread & Roses
An Xuyen Bakery
What businesses are we missing? Send them our way so we can add them to our list - ArletaSchoolPTA@gmail.com
BIKE TO BOOKS DESIGN CONTEST
Youth across Multnomah County are invited to design bike lane art for Portland's streets
Students living in Multnomah County, from Pre-Kindergarten to 12th grade, can participate in the design contest. Design pages are available for download or you can request a copy to be mailed to you in nglish, Spanish, Chinese and Vietnamese.
Once your design is complete, scan or take a photo of both sides of your form and email it to PBOT at firstname.lastname@example.org. We accept .jpgs, .pngs, and .pdfs. Make sure your image is clear and a higher resolution if possible. Make sure to keep the original copy.
Entries must be the original artwork of children in the following grade brackets: Pre-Kindergarten to 2nd grade, 3rd through 6th grade, and 7th through 12th grade. Multiple entries are welcome. Grand prize winners will have their bike lane art installed on a Portland street by PBOT’s striping crews.
More information can be found here: https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/ORPORTLAND/bulletins/2881217
BOTTLE DROP IS STILL OPEN
AMAZON WISH LIST FOR TEACHERS & STAFF
Throughout the school year, supplies are consumed and new needs arise. That’s why Arleta now has an Amazon Wish List of items added by teachers and staff. Please consider adding an item or two when you do your regular Amazon shopping. And when you use Amazon Smile and link your Amazon account to Arleta School PTA, Amazon will also donate 0.5% of your total purchase (at no additional cost to you)! Questions – email ArletaSchoolPTA@gmail.com
Link to Wish List is: https://smile.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3S713LRBVHEI6
And instructions can be found here: http://www.arletapta.org/ways-to-help---join.html
NO COST WAYS TO SUPPORT ARLETA
The Arleta PTA participates in THREE no-cost shopping rewards programs - Fred Meyer Community Rewards, AmazonSmile and Bottle Drop.
1. By linking your Fred Meyer Rewards card to the Arleta PTA and scanning your rewards card when you shop, a percentage of your purchase goes to the PTA. Sign up here. (And you'll still get your cash back rewards!)
2. Amazon has a similar program, called AmazonSmile. Select "Arleta School PTA" as your charitable organization to receive donations when you shop Amazon. Once you sign up, just go to smile.amazon.com to do your usual Amazon shopping. While there is no app, you can create a shortcut on your phone by going to smile.amazon.com in your browser, tap the Share button, then tap Add to Homescreen.
3. Donate your redeemable cans and bottles to Arleta through Bottle Drop. Grab a blue bag from the school office and FILL it up then take it to a Bottle Drop site, OR email email@example.com and someone will come pick it up. (Arleta pays a fee for the bags, so let's fill them to the top!)
FILL OUT US CENSUS 2020
Did you know that the US has counted its population every 10 years since 1790? The US Census 2020 is the latest update. Mail notifications have been sent out already and now is the time to stay home & send your household information online, by phone, or by mail. It's quick, safe, secure, and confidential. As our neighborhood grows it is important that every person is included in the count. Federal funding for schools, roads, fire fighters, hospitals, and other services depend on census data. More information is available at https://2020census.gov/.
REGISTER TO VOTE BY 4/28 | PRIMARY ELECTION IS 5/19
Register to vote or update your registration. Update voter registration information before April 28th. Mailers go out at the end of April.