The Johnson Journal
Week of November 9th-13th
Congratulations to Dominic on being our Student of the Month! Keep it up, Dominic!
What are we Learning?
- In Science, we are working on our Ecosystems unit. This week, we are specifically learning about producers, consumers, and decomposers. We will be taking a vocabulary test and a concept review test on Friday. The words students need to study are found in their Science Notebook!
- In Math, we are reviewing dividing 3 digit numbers by 1 digit divisors. This is a review skill from last year, and we need to be moving in to doing the same using 2 digit divisors by next week.
- In Reading, we are beginning our unit on Historical Fiction by introducing The Watsons Go to Birmingham, 1963. We are also working on Narrative Writing by finishing a provided story. Finally, we are working to identify the main idea and specific details in informational text.
Important Information to Know
- Report Cards will be coming home on Friday! With these report cards, there will be specific information about how your student performed on the current EOQs. Please let me know what questions you have once you take a look at them.
- Cookie Dough forms are due TOMORROW, Thursday, November 12th.
- The Historical Fiction project came home last Friday. I am working to help students make goals for finishing their book and project before its due date, Friday, December 11th. Ask me what questions you have about the project!
Upcoming Dates to Remember
Thursday, November 12th: Cookie Dough Forms Due
Friday, November 13th: Report Cards Come Home
Tuesday, November 24th: Early Release Day
Wednesday, November 25th-Friday, November 27th: Thanksgiving Break