August 20, 2021
Dear Field Parents and Guardians,
Wow! We are off to a fantastic start with all of our Field students back here in person! Thank you for your partnership as we settle in to our new routines. A few important reminders:
- Arrival: as we settle in, please remember our kiss and go areas on Elmore and Wisner do not allow for unattended cars. Please do remain in your car as your child(ren) exit the car.
- Bus: we take attendance at dismissal as we load the bus. It is so important that we know in advance if your child is not riding the bus. Please do call the main office as early in the day as possible and speak with Ruth or Jillian. This helps us ensure a smooth bus dismissal. Our buses will leave a bit later for the next few days as we ensure all students are accounted for when we load the buses.
- Heath: please do keep your child home if they are ill. This means that students may be absent from school - and that's okay! If your child is sick, s/he needs to rest and recover. If your child tests positive for COVID-19, please call the health office at Field and we can share information for remote learning. The district's plan for remote learning was included in the complete fall in-person learning plan shared earlier this month by Dr. Olson.
- Lunch: as I've shared in previous emails, we are planning to eat lunch outside as much as possible since students are unmasked during this time. Students are welcome to bring a small towel to sit on in the grass. We will eat in the gyms and MPR when we are inside. We had our first outdoor lunch today and it went very smoothly!
Again, thank you for your support as we begin this new year together! Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Courtney Goodman
Please click on the image below to learn more about our teachers!
Dates to Remember
- Week of August 23rd: MAP testing begins for students in grades 2-5
- Week of August 23rd: Fastbridge screening continues for students in grades K-1
- Week of August 23rd: WIDA language screening for some students begins
- Wednesday, September 1st: Parent Night from 6-8 p.m. (virtual)
- Monday, September 6th: No School for Labor Day
On the first day of school, your bus rider received a tag for his or her backpack. Thank you in advance for keeping that tag attached to the child's backpack!
Please note that mask wearing is required on all school busses, and students will be assigned a seat for the route to and from school.
Children are also permitted to leave school for lunch. Parents need to come to the main office and sign out their child(ren). Students would remain home for the full hour of lunch/recess.
Student Benchmark Assessments
From our School Social Workers
Join the Field PTO!
Field PTO membership is now open!
Join the Field PTO! Membership helps fund a variety of PTO activities from electronic books to staff appreciation events to the operational costs of the PTO. Joining PTO is an excellent way to connect with others in our school community!
Become a PTO Room Parent!
Hello Parents! Are you looking to support your student's classroom? There is no better way than to volunteer to be a Room Parent!! The Room Parent will be the point person to work with the teacher with whatever support they need. The Room Parent will work with the teachers to gather information from the families in your class and also to share information relevant to the families in the class.
The sign up deadline is Friday, August 20th. A Room Parent for each class will be selected by a random lottery and will be contacted by August 27th.
Complete this Google Form if you are interested in supporting your child's class.
If you have questions, please reach out to Room Parent Coordinator Christy Shebuski at email@example.com
See what’s going on in our community!
From the library to the park district, our communities of Park Ridge-Niles have lots to offer, even virtually. For information on all the latest happenings, be sure to check the Community Info & Events webpage.