The SMS Athletic Newsletter
Week of 1/29/23:
This week's edition includes:
- Registration is now open for Spring Track
- Student-athlete eligibility information
- Winter Sports Update: Pics, Schedules, and Recaps
- Spirit Wear
- 2023 Football Interest Survey
- Strongsville Athletic Booster Information
- Buy athletic event tickets from your phone
- Registrations are open for Rec Jr Cavs Spring Basketball Leagues
- Registrations are open for Rec Summer Baseball/Softball/T-Ball Leagues
- Athletic Programming from the Strongsville Recreation
- Click/Tap HERE for previous editions of Cold Pizza
Jason Keppler, Assistant Athletic Director
Strongsville City Schools
- Students must maintain at least a 2.0 G.P.A. Should their G.P.A. fall below a 2.0 they will be put on a weekly progress reports to assure assignments and effort are up to snuff. If not the players will be required to sit until improvement is made.
- Students must have passed at least 4 classes in the previous quarter (5 if at SHS). Should this criteria not be met a student will not be eligible for the forthcoming athletic season.
- Pay to Participate and previous year academic fees must be paid in order to partake in athletic games/contests. Students will be withheld from all contests until fees are paid.
OHSAA Eligibility Resource Center
Last Week's Best Pics
Pavlo Kadras blows by his defender.
Too tall and too high of a vertical to be blocked!
Sami Dari with the smooth gather before his next bucket.
Eye of the Tiger
Some defender is about to be in trouble!
Blocking it All
Payton Beard can not only block hits at a volleyball net but she can block just about everything on basketball the court as well!
The 8th Grade Girls "W" Team often flexes on their opponents!
An escape that even Harry Houdini would be proud of!
Shortly after the escape! Wham!!
Twisted up like an Auntie Anne's or a Rold Gold!
Henry Smith with his second tournament win in as many weeks, bringing home some more hardware from the Brunswick tourney!
Nathan Janakovich did the same!
7th-8th Grade Intramural Basketball began last week. I am not sure what is the team name for the one pictured but for all of the wrestlers on their squad it should be the Four Horseman, NWO, or something similar!
WINTER SPORTS UPDATES
GET THE LATEST TEAM UPDATES:
- Practice schedule can be found HERE
- Game schedule can be found HERE
- Go HERE for a recap of last weeks wrestling meets.
- Game schedules can be found HERE
- Practice schedules can be found HERE
- Go HERE for a recap of last weeks games. Once on the webpage tap menu, then winter, then girls basketball, and then your specific team to view the recaps.
There is lots of other information there as well!
- Game Schedules
- Game Results/Recaps
- Athletic Forms
- Sports Medicine Info
- Ticketing Info
- Online Team Shop
- Sports Registration/Tryout Info
Football Interest Survey
Strongsville Athletic Boosters
HOMETOWN TICKETING FAN APP
NEW WAYS TO PURCHASE TICKETS
All other VARSITY sporting events will have $7.00 tickets for adults and $5.00 for students.
For stand alone JV, Freshman AND Middle School games, tickets will be $4.00 and $2.00
1. Tickets will be sold online through our NEW online Ticketing Partner, Hometown Ticketing. The link can be found HERE. This is the preferred method of payment for all home contests. You can also purchase tickets by going to STRONGSVILLEATHLETICS.ORG and by clicking on each team's schedule, there is a BUY TICKETS option. If you have question, please reach out to the Athletic Office.
2. We will offer at the gate cash and CREDIT CARD sales for all home contests. Again, if you do not want to wait in line, the online ticket option would be best
3. SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNTS. The GCC will allow Senior Citizens into any contest free of charge. At Strongsville, we will be issuing Senior Citizen All-Access passes that will allow them to attend any HOME sporting event free of charge. Passes will issued at any ticket gate upon entrance to an event.
(Please keep in mind that when we play non-league contests away, those schools may have a different senior citizen policy)
If you have any questions about the ticketing policy, please do not hesitate to contact the athletic department.