November 23rd Jefferson Journal
November 24th, 25th, 26th: NO SCHOOL
November 30th: Bridging Brighter Smiles at school
December 13th: PTO Meeting at 5:30pm in Library
December 23rd- January 2nd: Winter Break NO SCHOOL
Kaum Ib Hli 24, 25, 26: TSI MUAJ KAWM NTAWV
Kaum Ib Hli 30: Muaj Kuaj Na
Kaum Ob Hli: Nam Txiv Nai Khu Saablaaj thaum 5:30 tsaus ntuj
Kaum Ob Hli 23- Ib Hli 2: SU TSI MUAJ KAWM NTAWV
Remember to check out the Thomas Jefferson School calendar on the website to view what is going on at the school. The button below will take you to the calendar.
Leader in Me
On Friday 11/19/2021 Thomas Jefferson revealed our first mural. Our focus is on habit one "To Be Proactive." Below is a picture of the mural. Also below is the news clip from WAOW.
Bridging Brighter Smiles
Bridging Brighter Smiles is holding their next dental clinic at Thomas Jefferson Elementary on:
Tuesday, November 30, 2021
It is not too late to enroll! Get your Fall smiles ready!
Sign up online at: http://enrollment.bbsmiles.org/
Professional Dental Services Provided Right at School Include:
- Oral Screening
- Dental Cleaning
- Fluoride Varnish Application
- Dental Sealant Placement
- Silver Diamine Fluoride Application
- Oral Health Education
- Referral Assistance
Forward Health (BadgerCare) Accepted!
(Other Private Dental Insurance Not Accepted)
Not sure if your child is enrolled, or due for care? Call Bridging Brighter Smiles at 262-896-9891, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
¡Reciba atención dental en la escuela!
El programa Bridging Brighter Smiles ofrece:
- Examen Oral
- Aplicadorde Flúor(decaimiento prevención)
- Selladores(cavidad prevención)
- Fluoride Diamino de Plata
- Educación para la Salud Dental
- Referencia de Ayuda
Bridging Brighter Smiles ofreces servicios de prevención dental en lasescuelas para estudiantes desde Pre-K hasta 12 grado.
En promedio, el servicio es dado a los estudiantes participantes dos o tres veces por año escolar.
Forward Health(BadgerCare) acepta!
(No aceptamos seguros dentales privados)
INFORMACIÓN DE CONTACTO
Si tiene preguntas o preocupaciones sobre sus derechos de privacidad contenidos en esta Notificación, favor de contactarse alOficial de Privacidad de Bridging Brighter Smiles al 262-896-9891.
Next Meeting December 13th 5:30pm in the Library
Please check out these opportunities to help out with the PTO!!
1.) Please fill out your background check so you can volunteer: Volunteer
2.) Follow on Facebook: Thomas Jefferson Jaguars PTO
Please consider helping at our upcoming Family night event on December 6th. To be successful we need more volunteers to help with popcorn making, serving hot chocolate, and helping with the ornament project. If anyone is interested in donating a raffle basket please let me know. Please see the sign up link below!
Want to make a difference in the lives of the student's you work with?
Want your summers and holidays off to spend with your family?
Thomas Jefferson is looking for someone to join our amazing team. Please checkout the link below to apply or call with any question you may have.
COVID-19 Testing in the Wausau School District
The Wausau School District is offering free PCR COVID-19 testing to all students, staff, and even the immediate family members of students and staff.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO KNOW
- When? While testing began Monday, November 1, 2021, two mobile units will be available for COVID-19 testing starting Monday, November 8, 2021. The schedules for those units are below.
- Who is eligible for testing? All Wausau School District students, their immediate family members, District staff, along with their immediate family members, who are either symptomatic for COVID-19 or close contacts of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- What does the testing cost? Nothing. It will cost nothing to receive a COVID-19 PCR test. It is being paid for by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS).
- Will the Wausau School District test my child(ren) without my consent? Absolutely not. No student will ever be tested for COVID-19 without the consent of a parent/guardian.
- Who is doing the testing? The staff from COVID CLINIC is administering the COVID-19 PCR tests. They're provided to the District through DHS.
- If I'm a staff member, student, or immediate family member of a staff member or student, how do I obtain a test?
- For students: Parents have a couple of options for their child(ren). Parents can fill out a consent form below and drop it off at their child(ren)'s school. Parents could also bring their child(ren) to the mobile units for testing. There, they will be able to register their child(ren) for testing, or they could pre-register them at the link below.
- For staff and immediate family members: Staff members and/or immediate family members can either pre-register at the link below, or they can show up to the mobile units to register.
What kind of COVID-19 testing do the mobile units do? The mobile units do both antigen and PCR testing. However, the Wausau School District only accepts a negative PCR test on a student with symptoms.
- How long will it take to get results back on a PCR testing? The time is very dependent on the volume of tests the lab is processing. Right now, ( as of November5, 2021) it's taking 2-3 days to get results. If a patient does not see their results within 36 hours, they are being asked to reach out to DHS. Here's the contact information. Please note this is only for PCR results.
Phone: (866) 419-6988, 8 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday
Is any of this paid for by the District? No. The Wisconsin Department of Health Services is paying for the mobile units and to staff them, along with, paying for all of the testing.
Leader in Me
Returning back to school from Quarantine
If your student has been Quarantined because of being ill and they received a negative PCR Covid test or alternate medical diagnosis from a medical practitioner, please send test results and any medical documentation to our Health Aide, Megan Bach, at email@example.com . Please contact Megan and send the test results and medical documentation BEFORE sending your student back to school. Any questions, please email Megan and/or call the Health Office at 715-261-0186.
Thank you so much!!
Link to WSD Covid Dashboard, Elementary and Secondary Matrices
We are working with the Marathon County Health Department to monitor and mitigate the spread of the virus in our community and our schools and will revisit our protocols as necessary at any point during the school year. Public health is a whole community effort and the District can not be successful on our own. Below are some practices that families can take, as well as, the school district.
COVID-19 DASHBOARD COVID-19 GUIDELINES COVID-19 MITIGATION STRATEGIES UPDATE
First Student Contact Information:
First Student policy required ALL bus riders to wear a face mask. If your student is a bus rider, please make sure they have a mask for the before and after school bus ride.
Field Trips require all riders to wear a mask. Please remember to have a couple masks in your students backpack so they are prepared when attending field trips.
NOTICE OF EDUCATIONAL OPTIONS FOR STUDENTS WHO RESIDE IN THE WAUSAU SCHOOL DISTRICT
Principal Mr. Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary Mrs. Tammy Steckling email@example.com
Building/ Office para Mrs. Colette Tranchita firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Megan Bach- email@example.com
Counselor: Ms. Sue Doerr firstname.lastname@example.org
Social worker: Mrs. Morgan Knetter email@example.com
Psychologist: Mrs. Amanda Melville firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridge Room Coordinator: Ms. Amber Sparby email@example.com
Mrs. Amber Channel firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Samantha Kniess email@example.com
Mrs. BreAnne Wais firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Renee Krautkramer email@example.com
Mrs. May Xiong firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. April Voigt email@example.com
Mrs. Kelly Hummel firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Katelyn Veith. email@example.com
1st Grade Teachers
Mrs. Diana Gartzke firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Deb Treager email@example.com
Mr. Matt Schilling firstname.lastname@example.org
2nd Grade Teachers
Mrs. Diane Eder email@example.com
Mrs. Carrie Helke firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Taylor Frank email@example.com
3rd Grade Teachers
Mrs. Jill Ebersold firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Sandy Knoll email@example.com
Mrs. Heather Trollop firstname.lastname@example.org
4th Grade Teachers
Mrs. Leslie Ninnemann email@example.com
Mrs. Kary Riggs firstname.lastname@example.org
5the Grade Teachers
Mrs. Jen Davidson email@example.com
Ms. Emily Fritz firstname.lastname@example.org
Art- Jennifer Lingford email@example.com
Gym- Christin Sullivan firstname.lastname@example.org
Science- Tori Dienger email@example.com
Music- Sana Wressell firstname.lastname@example.org
Library- Jennifer Moore email@example.com
Mrs. Justine Callahan firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Kim Ickert email@example.com
Mrs. Jennifer Faust firstname.lastname@example.org
Gifted & Talented
Mrs. Cheryl Borta- email@example.com
Mrs. Paokee Xiong. firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Lisa Alexander email@example.com
Mrs. Halle Veenstra- firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Amy Akey- email@example.com
Mrs. Trenny Frahm- firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Michelle Debot email@example.com
Mrs. Eileen Thao firstname.lastname@example.org