"There's No Place Like Hooker Oak!"
Week of October 26th
Weekly LifeSkill: Organization
Weekly Announcement Video
Hooker Oak Staff Spotlight
Sean Clark, Instructional Assistant-Computers
Hello Hooker Oak!
My name is Sean Clark, best known for teaching technology and solving otherwise unfixable tech problems. I may not be the one-and-only source of knowledge about computers as students- and sometimes myself- may like to think, but I have plenty of years of experience tinkering and playing with computers, as well as a curiosity to keep learning things so as to provide my skills and knowledge for the school. Hooker Oak has been my introduction to the world of education, and I can’t say I’ve worked at a better place.
I’ve lived in different parts of Northern California all my life, apart from a few stints in France as a part of a French Language/International Studies degree. I do speak French fluently, as well as having a conversational knowledge of Japanese. In my spare time, I like to write books and have self-published both Sci-Fi and Fantasy trilogies.
Parent Conferences & Report Cards
The end of the trimester is on Friday, October 30th. Traditionally, we have held parent conferences for all of our students at the end of the first trimester. Due to our COVID-19 schedule and the loss of our minimum days, we do not have the same amount of time available to schedule parent conferences. Therefore, teachers will only be scheduling conferences with students who are academically and/or socially at-risk. The scheduled day for conferences will be Friday, November 6th. This is a non-student attendance day. Your child's teacher will notify you if he/she will be scheduling a conference. If you do not hear from your child's teacher regarding a scheduled conference and would like to request one, please reach out directly to the teacher. All students will be receiving a report card whether a conference is scheduled or not.
Thank you for your continued support of your child's education.
Sibling Drop-Off & Pick-up Protocol
Online Learning at Hooker Oak
Our Hooker Oak team worked collaboratively to come up with an option for online learning that worked best for each individual classroom and group of students. As always, our team of teachers will do their best to meet all of our students' needs, but it is important that you take into consideration that they will be managing both in-person instruction and online students simultaneously. There may be some instances during class, that they won't necessarily be in front of their cameras the whole time. They will be moving about the room, helping students, etc. Teachers will do their best to use current technology to create the most engaging learning experience possible.
CUSD Re-Opening Plan
Link to CUSD website: http://www.chicousd.org/
Family Resource Links
- CUSD Reopening Plan: http://www.chicousd.org/documents/COVID/Reopening%20Plan/Final%20School%20Reopening%20Plan.pdf
Additional Resource Links
- COVID-19 Resource Page: http://www.chicousd.org/News/Emergency-Info/COVID-19-Information/index.html
- Protocols for In-Person Instruction: http://www.chicousd.org/News/Emergency-Info/COVID-19-Information/Protocols/index.html
- Safety Protocols: http://www.chicousd.org/News/202021-Instructional-Models/Safety-Protocols/index.html
- Frequently Asked Questions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18gFEX3Lg5N30PTX0UM1sH6AEGrWa_wQlYKntDQi2wrc/edit
- 2020/21 Instruction Models: http://www.chicousd.org/News/202021-Instructional-Models/index.html
- Explanation of 2020/21 Instructional Models (Including Schedules): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AlHgZhUdtMH09MYAbxZUDBkwGQIhtCkb0dv6Szom6-w/edit
Video Resource Links
Mental Health & Wellness Resources
With growing concerns regarding COVID-19, we know this is a time of great uncertainty for all of us and our communities. Chico Unified families can take full advantage of the tele-health and virtual therapy resources made available through our partner Care Solace.