PG.-6 Different Configurations!!!
Steps to Write Electron Configuration
- Find the amount of electrons in an atom.
- Determine the principle energy level of the atom.
- Determine the number of sublevels.
- Assign the electrons to the sublevels following the 3 rules.
- Write the complete electron configuration.
- Start with the lowest energy level and move on to the highest.
- If you add electrons in it can change the energy of the orbital.
- If there was a choice between having full orbitals and half filled orbitals, then it would be full orbitals because half filled orbitals have a lower energy level than full orbitals.
How to Write Electron Configurations and Orbital Notations - Mr. Causey's Chemistry