Bounce of Balls
By NaVonte Johnson
The first known use of the word ball in English meant globular body. The word comes from Middle English bal. Ancient Greeks used the word ball for sphere. Germanic used the word ball for blown up or inflation.
A ball is not only appealing to people. Animals like playing with balls, too. Dogs like playing with tennis balls. Cats like playing with paper balls.
1 bouncy ball
3 different surfaces
1 yard stick
IV: The surface
DV: The height of the bounce of the ballsCV: The height the balls are dropped from, Same spot where the balls hit the ground
1. Grab a basketball and a bouncy ball
2. Bounce the basketball on cement
3. Measure the height of the bounce of the basketball and bouncy ball each bounce
4. Repeat #2 two times
5. Repeat #2 three times using the bouncy ball
6. Bounce the basketball on a dirtroad
7. Repeat #5 two times
8. Repeat #5 three times using a bouncy ball
9. Record your data
The original purpose of this experiment was to find out what surface affects the bounce of a basketball and a bouncy ball. The results of the experiment were …..