Updates as of April 28th
Equation Builder Tool Help
The mathematics assessments include some items that provide an equation builder as a tool for constructing responses. Not much prior information was released regarding this tool. If students have not encountered an equation builder before, it is important to model the use of the tool so they are prepared to use it appropriately. Resources to facilitate modeling:
- The "Student M-STEP Prep Slideshow" has new slides for the EQ available. Students can access the slideshow on the SR Intranet
- A video link for using the tool is provided below (https://www.screenr.com/onJN)
NOTE: These instructions may not be used by students during testing. They are for advance preparation only.
Items with the Equation Builder do not require a label. Only the numeric value of the response will be scored for mathematics items using the Equation Builder. If a label is entered it will NOT count against the student.
ELA Constructed Responses
M-STEP Testing Window
- 5th Grade: Now - May 1, 2015
- 4th Grade: April 27 – May 15, 2015
- 3rd Grade: May 18 - June 5, 2015
Read the feedback the MDE is receiving and what they are learning about the test.
Click link for student M-STEP slideshow with resources for practice and preparation.