Ridgeview STEM Junior High School
May 15, 2020
**Please Pay School Fees
URGENT-ODE Technology Survey
Dear Pickerington Parents and Guardians,
The Ohio Department of Education, in preparation for whatever the educational landscape looks like during the 2020-2021 school year, has asked that all school districts collect the following technology information from all students.
1. Does your student have access to a device (personal or school-issued) in order to participate in online/remote learning?
2. Does your student have access to the Internet when at home?
This information will help the Ohio Department of Education determine the best course of action with recent Federal funds to support remote learning.
Please fill out the below survey for each of your students separately. A reminder that the PLSD student ID# is the same as the student's lunch code.
Deadline for this information is Tuesday, May 26th
FYI - PLSD does have plans already in place for every K-12 student to have a PLSD issued device for the 2020-2021 school year. More information will be released at a later date.
STUDENTS KEEPING CHROMEBOOKS THROUGH THE SUMMER
- The PLSD Technology Protection Plan (TPP) will extend coverage through the first day of the 2020-2021 school year.
- Students will also have access to continue using District provided digital curriculum (i.e iReady, ST Math, BrainPop, ALEKS, etc.)
Chrome OS 81 has been pushed to all Chromebooks!
If you see a red caution sign on the little gopher in your menu bar, it is time to update your Chrome OS! Gopher Buddy will walk you through the process and provide additional resources by clicking on FIX IT . You will also be able to manually check for updates by clicking on your little gopher buddy in the menu bar or checking in settings.
Current Chrome OS is 81
This update may fix the following issues:
Power issues / not powering on
Internet kicking you off here and there
Other small software issues
If you are not able to update with Gopher Buddy or by updating in settings, partner with your teacher or media center to request tech support! We may need to update your device via USB if it is more than 3 versions behind.
-PLSD Chromebook Team
Face-to-Face Tech Support Schedule
Pickerington Schools’ technical support hours: Each Wednesday, you can get help with your student’s device between the hours of 2 PM – 4 PM at the District Office at 90 N. East Street. Please use use this link to register for service. Only devices that are unusable may be brought in during these times (e.g., broken display, won’t power up, dead battery, etc.).
Locked Out of Device
If your student has issues logging into their device, please have them email their teacher, admin, or counselor and they can put in a help desk ticket for a password change. If students do not change their password when prompted to do so by the device, their password will eventually stop working and they will be locked out. Obviously, they will need to use another device to email or have someone email for them.
Locker Items Not Picked Up Yet! Now By Appointment Only
Lost and Found Items! By Appointment Only
While the building is closed to the public, we can arrange a time for you to come look for your lost items. Please call ahead at 614-548-1700 to be sure someone is here to let you search.
Items not picked up by May 29th will be donated.
BUILDING “CLOSED” TO THE PUBLIC
Carolyn Weidner, Administrative Secretary; email@example.com
Lisa Holley, Athletic/Counseling Secretary; firstname.lastname@example.org
Beth Richardson, Principal; email@example.com
2020 SUMMER ONLINE PHYSICAL EDUCATION PROGRAM
Those students entering 8th grade must have successfully completed Junior High Physical Education.
Please complete the registration form below first. Then login to your Infinite Campus parent portal to make payment. Click here for access to the parent portal, instructions for making online payment, and to submit a Help Desk ticket if needed. https://www.pickerington.k12.oh.us/parent-portal/
Click here for additional information. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I5lQPg6T2F6soCDGJc-1WL5xb49gwSpi/view?usp=sharing
- Online DATES: May 26, 2020 - June 17, 2020
- TIME: 9 a.m. - noon Monday-Friday
- COST: $175.00
- The program is only three (3) weeks and classes will run 3 hours each day to fulfill the required hours of instruction.
- Students will use Google Classroom, WeVideo and other technology tools to meet Ohio’s high school standards for physical education. The online platform requires students to manage their time and resources efficiently to learn new content and demonstrate the skill and literacy components of a Physical Education course.
- This course is not recommended for students who struggle with learning in an online environment. The timeframe is compacted compared to a traditional PE course and course requirements are challenging.
- Online payment available through Infinite Campus Portal. See instructions when you submit the registration.
- Students living outside the district will be enrolled if room exists at a cost of $225.00. Registration is limited and will be based on a first come, first served basis.
● Injured or severely ill students will have their case reviewed and may be eligible for a refund. ● If a student causes a problem in class they may be removed from the course with no refund. If a student violates a school rule they are subject to removal.
● We will have a waiting list if the classes fill to capacity. You must issue payment to be on the waiting list. If enough students do not enroll, this course will be canceled and refunds given.
● If a student is registered for the course and does not take it, a $25.00 processing fee will be assessed toward the refund.
● If a student fails to log in the first two days of the course, no refund will be given and the student will be removed from the class.
● The course must be completed by June 17. There will be no extensions or exceptions.
● Students must dress appropriately for physical activity, (athletic shorts, t-shirts and tennis shoes). Students should keep their shorts up around their waist and t-shirts need to cover the stomach. Tank tops are acceptable but spaghetti straps/tube tops are not.
Nationwide Children's Mobile Unit Available Through June
Mental Health Resources
Did You Order a Yearbook? Did You Miss Out on Ordering?
- Yearbooks – Printing of yearbooks will resume on May 12th.
Once they have been printed and delivered, we will relay the plans for picking them up. We will have some extra yearbooks available to purchase. Please contact the school if you are interested in being put on "Extra List" and we will do our best to get one to as many as we can. Be on the lookout for updates later in the summer through Infinite Campus and our Social Media pages. Thank you for your patience with this!
How to Check for Missing Assignments
Resources to Help
PICKERINGTON SCHOOLS INFO
Interested in Cheerleading Next Year?
Teacher Awards-Deadline is May 21st
- What: Teacher of the Year Awards presented by 104.9 the River
- When: Now – Nominations end 5/21
- Award Opportunities:
- Teacher of the Year by 104.9 the River
- Outstanding Teacher – Language & Arts
- Outstanding Teacher – STEM
- Outstanding Teacher – Special Education
- Outstanding Teacher – Email Ninja!
- Outstanding Teacher – Care & Preschool
- Who is eligible: Any teacher located in Central Ohio and the surrounding area
- Additional Details: We will recognize a 1st & 2nd place winner in each of the above categories. Each winner will receive an Amazon gift card, gift basket from Glenn Ave Soap Company, and a plaque to award their achievement.
Where to nominate your teacher: www.kidslinked.com/teacher