Don't Smoke Cigarettes
The dangers of smoking Cigarettes as a Teen
what cigarettes can do to you!
About 23% of high school students smoke cigarettes.
- Why do people smoke cigarettes?
- Most people smoke cigarettes because it makes them better about themselves.
- People also think that smoking makes them more attractive.
Well smoking cigarettes is as about as attractive as rotten teeth, It can literally kill you! Smoking can make you less attractive, It also can make you age faster. Not all cigarettes are bad,the electronic ones are okay but the tobacco ones are bad.
The poisons in a cigarette
- Acetone: aka. Nail polish remover
- Ammonia: common in household cleaners
- Arsenic: aka. rat poison,also used to make bullets harder
- Butane: aka. Gas, used in lighter fluid
- Carbon monoxide: a poisonous gas
- Cadmium: used in batteries
- Cresol: used in making bombs
- DDT: a banned insecticide, insect repellent
- Lead: heavy metal; used to make plumbing and other pipes; poisonous in high doses
- Formaldehyde: used to preserve dead bodies
- Polonium: radioactive; very deadly
Diseases caused by smoking
- Approximately 440,000 Americans die every year from diseases caused by smoking, do you want to be one of those people?
- The most common disease caused by smoking is lung cancer and trust me its not pretty, The lung turns all black and it is gross sometimes the lungs my have holes in it or you may not be able to breathe.
- you also can get atherosclerosis which hardens your arteries which can lead to a heart attack or stroke