Second Grade Newsletter
Mrs. Barita, Mrs. Carrasco, Mrs. Kulesza
*Monday, February 8th will be "Day 5" for Encore*
Lifework-Week of February 8-12th
- Monday: Read & log Magnets study guide, work on kite & report
- Tuesday: Read & log study guide, Spelling Words- Rainbow Style-3 colors
- Wednesday: Read & log study guide-magnet test tomorrow, Spelling Words- ABC order
- Thursday: Read & log 10 minutes, Spelling Words-Write each word 3 times-test tomorrow
- Weekend: Read and log 10 minutes
Our current unit in Science is Magnets. Concepts include:
- common uses
Magnets TEST DATE: Thursday, Feb. 11th-study guide coming home 2/5
Our current unit in math is Number Sense and Computation Part 3. Concepts include:
- Comparing numbers using symbols (< = > ≠ )
- Adding a collection of coins up to $1.00 and using the correct notation
- Identifying place value to three digits
- Rounding to the nearest ten
- Estimating sums and differences
- Solving story problems
Math TEST DATE: Friday, Feb. 12th. IXL is a great study tool.
Spelling Words-Test 2/12/16
r-controlled E,I,U Syllable Patterns
- 2/8-PTO Meeting @ 7:00p.m.
- 2/8-2/10-"Valentine Grams" sold during lunch ($1.00 each-cash only)
- 2/8-2/12-Box Top Blitz-Please send in your box tops, labels and rewards this week
- 2/15-No School-Holiday
- 2/16-Report Cards go home
- 2/25-PTO Spirit Night @ Cici's Pizza (5p.m.-8p.m.)
- 2/27-Blood Drive 9a-2p. Visit www.redcross.org to schedule your donation (code = Pennington School)
A small round traffic cop.
He blocks the helter-skelter words
And brings them to a stop.
The question mark's a tiny girl,
She's small but very wise;
She asks too many questions
For a person of her size.
Of all the punctuation folk,
I like the comma best.
For when I'm getting out of breath
He lets me take a rest.
Quotation marks are curious.
When friendly talk begins
You'll always find these little marks
Are busy listening in.
The exclamation mark's an elf,
Who is easily excited.
When children laugh or cry or scream
It's then he's most delighted.
Whenever you come to the end of a thought,
You sign it off with a polka dot.
* Due to the snow days last week, we will not be testing students on the January poem.
Barita: Library, Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE
Carrasco: Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library
Kulesza: PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library, Music