Ugly Quilts Project
TWO LOCATIONS: Luzerne County AND Berks County - pick one!
Ugly Quilts Project
LET US COME TOGETHER AS A SCHOOL TO HELP THE HOMELESS BY MAKING SIMPLE EMERGENCY SLEEPING BAGS FROM RECYCLED FABRICS AND DISTRIBUTING THEM FREE TO PEOPLE WHO ARE COLD ON THE STREET.
** The Sleeping Bag is a utility quilt made from clean used or no-cost fabrics ** A group can make one in an hour ** The name indicates the skill level needed for this tied quilt ** The Ugly Quilt can be made in less than a day ** This simple sleeping bag should not have a market value to assure the homeless are beneficiaries.
A day of connections and learning with our elderly friends!
Luzerne County Plymouth Senior Center
Friday, Nov. 17th, 12:30-2:30pm
150 East Main Street
Luzerne Cty site:
12:30am - Arrival/mingling
12:45am - review of service learning project and agenda for the day
1pm - making Ugly Quilts
1pm-2:15pm - listening to life stories from our elder friends while participating in the
2:15pm - wrap up and farewells
OLS Hours: 90 Min Language Arts
Albright College - Berks County
Friday, Nov. 17th, 6-8pm
1621 North 13th Street
Berks Cty site:
5:45pm - Arrival/mingling
6:00pm - review of service learning project and agenda for the day
6:15pm - making Ugly Quilts & sharing dinner of pizza/drinks together (provided by PA Virtual and Albright College), community building, storytelling
7:45pm - wrap up and farewells
There are two locations to choose from for this event: Plymouth Senior Center in Luzerne County from 12:30-2:30pm OR Albright College in Reading from 6-8pm
One per student per school year. So, if you have already done the Emergency Contact form, no need to do it again!
Reminders at all School Events:
- An adult chaperone must stay on-site for all PA Virtual events.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- All PA Virtual events are smoke-free.
- Pets should never be brought to PA Virtual events.
- To limit the spread of possible flu, please do not attend a PA Virtual event if you have had a fever within 24 hours of the event.
- In consideration of our students with allergies, please refrain from bringing balloons or food containing nut products.