March 5, 2020
Here's What Happened This Week
- On Monday we dressed in Red, White, and Black in honor of Dr. Seuss' Birthday and to kick off Read Across America!
- For Read Across America Week, our Community Service Club sponsored a book donation project. We have collection boxes in the Atrium where students can donate new or gently used books.
- Today our students and staff saw their peers perform in our school's production of The Wizard of Oz during the day. Tickets for the evening performance tonight and tomorrow night are sold out. For safety reasons, we cannot exceed our maximum seat capacity. We thank everyone for your support of our school's musical. Additional parking will be available at St. Cyril's.
- We have another spirit day to close Read Across America Week, tomorrow! Dress like your favorite book character.
What's Happening Next?
- On Monday, March 9 Winter Workshop, Sports Spectacular, Gym, Wacky Science, Rm. 17, 4:00-5:00.
- On Tuesday, March 10, our Community Service Club meets.
- On Wednesday, March 11, Winter Workshop: Mindfulness in the Library
- On Thursday, March 12, Winter Workshop: Lego Robotics in Rm. 23
- On Friday, March 13, our Peer Mentor Club takes a field trip.
- Also on Friday, Winter Workshops: Drawing in Rm. 25; Cartooning in Rm. 28
NOTE: Winter Workshops run from 4:00-5:00. Students will be brought out at the parent pick up line (Meetinghouse Road Parking Lot) at dismissal.
Click here to see more events planned for Warwick during this school year.
A LOT of Pennies for Patients!
The Community Service Club says THANK YOU for being true heroes by participating in Pennies for Patients! Ms. Heere-MacLeod submitted all donations and proudly shared that Warwick raised over $2,500 to help children with blood cancer. Now that is Warwick Wonder-ful!
Community Service Book Collection
Staying Informed about COVID-19
- The CDC's latest recommendations can be found at www.cbsd.org and www.cdc.gov.
- The CBSD website updates will be made based on federal, state, and local health experts, along with the PA Dept. of Ed.
- In schools, we will be promoting common-sense preventative measures that are recommended every cold and flu season, including proper hand-washing, and staying home when sick.
The 2019-2020 yearbooks will be on sale starting this Sunday, February 16th! Yearbooks are $18 now but will go up to $20 for any extras copies that are available in June. However, there is no guarantee that there will be copies available in June, so please order a yearbook in advance. If ordering for multiple children, please pay for each student separately to help with distribution to the proper classrooms. Payments must be made using My Payments Plus, and the window for payment will be open this Sunday through Sunday, March 15th. Thank you for your support!
Reminders about Dismissal
Changing Your Dismissal Routine
If it is necessary to change your normal pick-up routine at the end of the day (e.g., a different adult picking up, bus rather than car, car rather than bus, a change in childcare arrangements, etc.) a written note must be presented to the classroom teacher, who will share the information with the office.
For unforeseen changes, parents/guardians may notify the office BEFORE 3:00 PM by phone (267-893-4055) of the change. Because teachers are engaged with students' learning and will not be able to check their email during the instructional day, do NOT email or call the classroom teacher regarding changes in dismissal plans.
Click here to use online registration for any NEW CBSD students!
From Dr. Leatherbarrow
2nd & 3rd Grade Music Concert
Thursday, March 26th, 6pm
Warwick Elementary School, Jamison, PA, USA
Holicong Middle School Presents...
The Patriot Players Present the Hunchback of Notre Dame
Friday, March 27th, 7:30pm
2900 Township 391 Highway
Showtimes, March 27, 7:30 PM, March 28, 7:30 PM, March 29, 2:00 PM
Appropriate for Grades 4 and Up
Wednesday, April 8th, 4pm to Wednesday, May 13th, 5pm
Warwick Elementary School, Jamison, PA, USA
Before parents and guardians can volunteer, they must have all necessary clearances. Click here so you are ready when volunteer opportunities arise.
Use this link to update your student's emergency information, check attendance, see immunizations, and more.
- Previous Warwick Weeklies
- Warwick Parent/Guardian Handbook
- Library Newsletters: Check out upcoming events, what books are hot, and what students in each grade are learning in the Warwick Library!
- Having trouble finding that next great book to read. Try the "What Should I Read Next website: https://whatshouldireadnext.com.
- My Payments Plus
- Lunch Menu
- Apply for Free/Reduced Breakfast & Lunch
- Teacher Web Pages
- Parent/Guardian Volunteer Requirements
- PTO: Web Page and Letter from our President
- When to Keep your Student Home from School for Illness
- CBSD Mobile App - Parents and guardians can get a FREE CB App to keep up with all things Warwick and CB.
- Before/Aftercare at Warwick
- Parent Portal - Ongoing student progress reporting and more.
- CB Cares Education Foundation's Backpack Newsflash
- E-Friday Folder
- We Want to Hear from You - An online place to record feedback for us on how we did each week
Help Support Warwick
You can support Warwick while you shop. It is easy! Here is how...
- Giant A+: Go to https://giantfoodstores.com/ and select SIGN IN or REGISTER. Once Logged in, select MY ACCOUNT, then MANAGE MY ACCOUNT, then REWARDS & SAVINGS. You will need your 11-digit BONUSCARD number and school ID number which is 26483. If you need assistance, call 1-888-814-4268 option 1.
- Box Tops: Stay tuned for NEW information on how to "clip" Box Tops without using scissors at all!
- Amazon Smile: Go to Amazon Smile and use the search feature to find Warwick Elementary PTO in Jamison, PA. When shopping at Amazon, use Amazon Smile to benefit Warwick.
Thank you for your continued support!
Click here to learn more about our amazing PTO and how you can get involved!
Follow us on Twitter
Get Warwick Tweets by following @CBWarwickElem on Twitter. Or you can view our Twitter feed by visiting our Warwick home page.
Follow/Like us on Facebook
New this year, Warwick has its own Facebook Page. We will use this to communicate highlights and upcoming events much like we do using Twitter.
Follow the instructions to download the free CBSD app to stay connected with all of your selected CBSD schools.