The Patriot Press
Liberty Park Elementary School
Week of February 25th, 2019
Congrats to our 4th grade Math Bowl team for finished in 3rd place!
Congrats to Mrs. Carnauga, Mrs. Ostendorf, Ms. Geib, Mrs. Shank, Mrs. Martin, and Mrs. Hiatt for earning their Apple Teacher Certification!
Wish our Robotics Team good luck as they compete this Saturday trying to earn a spot in the state competition.
Dear Liberty Park Families,
MSD of Warren Township is conducting an online survey to support continued improvement. Liberty Park needs your help! We greatly value the input from our LP families and hope that you will take a moment to answer these survey questions. This data will help our school community continue to grow. To participate for Liberty Park, please click the link below. (THIS LINK IS FOR LP ONLY.) Thank you in advance for your time and participation!
Survey Link: surveys.panoramaed.com/climateidoe/5397family
Please ensure that students are being dropped off in the designated car rider drop off area following staff direction. The east end of our front parking lot is designated for bus traffic and students should not be dropped off in that area. Patience and procedures help us ensure the safety of all during this process.
Have a great weekend and as always, I thank you for your continued support of Liberty Park Elementary!
Website closes for orders on MONDAY!
NEW Liberty Park Spirit Wear Store!!
This website will remain open for orders until February 25th. There are both adult and youth options available. All clothing items are approved to wear to school as part of our uniformly dressed policy!
March 1st - 4th Grade Basketball Tourney @ WCHS
March 6th - Late Start Day - 1 hour delay
March 11th - 3rd Grade IREAD testing begins
March 13th - Family STEM Night @ 6pm
March 15th - 3rd Quarter Report Cards Sent Home
March 18th - March 31st - Warren Spring Break
School Dismissal Manager:
All end of day dismissal changes must be communicated through School Dismissal Manager, our new dismissal software for LP. These changes must be entered by 2:30pm for that school day or scheduled in advance through the app.
Once your child's DEFAULT dismissal option has been set, you only need to use the app to report your child's absences to school or make EXCEPTIONS to your child's dismissal.
Exceptions that you can select include:
- After School Activity (such as Robotics Club, Art Club, etc.)
- Early Pick Up
- Meet Parent in Office
- B&G Club
- Car Rider
- Ride Assigned Bus
Please contact the front office if you have any questions.
Updates and Information
- 3rd Grade Parents: 3rd graders will be participating in the state wide iREAD3 assessment the week prior to spring break (week of March 11th).
- Warren Township App: We’re hopeful that you have already taken the opportunity to download MSD of Warren Township’s new app! "It’s everything Warren Township, in your pocket." With better communication, our new app allows families to stay up to date with all of the great things currently happening across the district. You can even set the app to receive important push notifications from both the district and Liberty Park such as weather delays and closings. Below are links for your mobile devices download the app on Android: http://bit.ly/2Fp2N3T or iPhone: https://apple.co/2quwRR9.
- Student Absences: If your child is ill and will not be at school, please use your School Dismissal Manager app to indicate your child's absence or call the front office. Please call and report if your child will be arriving late to school due to a doctor’s appointment. Doing so helps us to know that your child is safe and with you.
- Car Rider Drop Off Families - Please ensure that students are being dropped off in the designated car rider drop off area following staff direction. The east end of our front parking lot is designated for bus traffic and students should not be dropped off in that area. Patience and procedures help us ensure the safety of all during this process.
- Birthday Treat Policy: While we love to celebrate, please remember there is a "no birthday treats" guideline. To access fun and helpful resources for healthy celebration ideas, please visit: http://www.warren.k12.in.us/wellness #wellnesswarriors #WEaretheKey
- Visitors Background Checks: Volunteers must have a valid background check on file in the front office as well as be included on a students emergency contact form for any type of school volunteer opportunities. If you would like to complete this process or have any questions please stop by our front office.
- Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbooks should have came home with your student last week. If you did not receive a copy with the signature page please contact your child's teacher. These are also available throughout our school and district’s website. This web link will direct you to that page. http://www.warren.k12.in.us/student-rights-responsibilities
During the month of January our attendance was 96.1%. Thank you for all that you do to ensure that students are healthy and attend school regularly. Remember that every school day counts in a child's academic life... a missed school day is a lost opportunity for students to learn!
Warren Little League
Warren Township Excel Program
MSD WARREN TOWNSHIP EXCEL PROGRAM FOR 2019-2020
Mission Statement: The EXCEL Program is designed to meet the unique academic and affective needs of highly talented students through a cooperative, enriched, and accelerated academic program where each person feels significant and appreciated.
The curriculum in the EXCEL program is differentiated and faster paced. Students will work above grade level.
The Parent Recommendation form must be completed by March 31, 2019.
Notes from Nurse Kelly
LIBERTY PARK CLINIC IS NOW COMPLETELY OUT OF PANTS FOR CHILDREN TO CHANGE INTO. IF YOUR CHILD HAS AN "ACCIDENT" WHILE AT SCHOOL A PARENT WILL BE CALLED TO BRING MORE PANTS. I APOLOGIZE FOR THIS INCONVENIENCE. PLEASE PUT EXTRA CLOTHES IN YOUR CHILD'S BACKPACK IF YOU THINK THERE IS A CHANCE HE/SHE WILL NEED TO CHANGE CLOTHES DURING THE SCHOOL DAY. THANK YOU.
Lunch Time Reminders
Food Service Department News
If you need your username and password, just email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org so we can provide you one.
Need to speak to someone in the Food Service Department? You can also call us at 317-869-4381 or 317-869-4389. To view the Food Service website, go to http://www.warren.k12.in.us/food-service.
Eastside All Pro Dads Event
Jason Brooks - Principal
Kathy Hench - Dean
Brooke Tapper - Counselor
Beverly Stephens –Secretary/Registrar
Donata Lux – Secretary/Treasurer
Kelly Woods – Nurse