NACA Mid America
July 2014 Newsletter
NACA Mid America Stage Crew Needed
DEADLINE TO APPLY: SEP 27 2014
Link to Application: http://naca.ws/MAM_CREW
Mid America Regional Conference
Make Your Move!
Nov. 6-9, 2014
NACA PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING FOR SHOWCASE STAFF MEMBERS:
- Lodging: Showcase Crew will be housed in double rooms in the conference hotel.
- Meals Per Diem: NACA provides meals for all stage crew staff. We will eat some meals as a group. There may be occasions where you will be unable to leave the showcase venue for meals. In that case, we will send a "runner" out with our order and we will eat during a break at the showcase venue.
NACA DOES NOT COVER THE FOLLOWING EXPENSES:
- Travel: If selected, students will need to cover their own costs of getting to and from the hotel location. Please remember to include transportation to and from the airport in your own personal budget costs. If selected, and should they choose to drive, we will provide a list of other showcase crew members to possibly arrange to car pool with to share expenses for travel and parking.
- Meals During Travel: Crew will need to cover their own meal costs until the first crew call and after the last crew call.
- Wages: All Showcase crew are volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Wednesday, Nov. 5, 2014 through Sunday, Nov. 9, 2014
- Our first official meeting TENTATIVELY set for 1:00 pm on Wednesday, Nov. 5, 2014.
- Load-out will occur until done on Saturday night, Nov. 8, 2014.
- Sunday, Nov. 9, 2014 would be for return travel.
- We do not accept applications for only part of the time - you must be able to commit to the entire time period.
Should you have any questions or need further clarification about any of the above, please do not hesitate to email@example.com.
NACA® Mid America Showcase Production Coordinator
Any Associate or School Members that are interested in participating in this program can sign up prior to the Regional Conference, using the google document link below. There will also be a chance to sign up on site if you can't decide yet!
Associates and School Members will have the ability to meet with each other throughout the conference, (meeting for coffee, stopping by the booth, maybe having lunch together on Friday), with the program concluding at the Closing Banquet, where the Associate Members will be seated at assigned tables with the institution that adopted them for the conference. All participants in the program will get reserved tables at the closing banquet, so you are guaranteed to sit together!
If anyone has any questions, contact Bridget Reilly, Associate Member Projects Coordinator at Bridget@sophiek.com.
Show the NACA Associates Some Love!
NACAMAM is working to make this year’s conference full of hospitality and that great Mid-Western charm! We will be offering a hospitality cart full of conference essentials to our NACA Associates. We are looking for donations from programming boards to fill the cart and show our Associates that NACAMAM love! Suggested items include; bottled beverages (water, soda, etc.), gum, mints, small bags of snacks, tissues, hand sanitizer, and chap stick. Donations will be accepted at conference headquarters upon your arrival in Covington. If your board plans on donating, please email Beth Nahlik with the item(s) and quantity. Thanks in advance for making this a great NACAMAM Conference!
Graduate Student Behind the Scenes Tour
Current graduate students are welcome on a "behind the scenes" NACA tour and Q & A with the Regional Conference Planning Committee. Come learn how to get involved with NACA, and network with other grads and professionals. Please meet at Conference Headquarters at 3:00 pm on Friday, November 7th.
3:00 pm–4:15 pm..................... Graduate Student Tour/Networking Opportunity Lobby/Room 4
NACA® Mid America
The Conference portal is up and running! Check it out for general information regarding the upcoming conference including but not limited to- location, hotel, what to wear, what to pack, conference etiquette, and much more.