IT'S RATED FOR A REASON!
A bill presented by Alice Zador
An act relating to distribution of restricted materials to underage persons:
- 3.5 deaths per 10,000 teenagers in Florida died from violent acts in 2011
- 3/4 of kids who witness violence commit violent acts in the future
- Youth under 18 account for about 1 in 6 violent crimes in Florida
The Department of Juvenile Justice urges you to pass this bill so that it can help lower the violence in our society.
SET AN EXAMPLE!
An act relating to corporal punishment in public schools...
Corporal punishment is associated with the following unacceptable behaviors:
- Decreased moral internalization
- Increased child aggression
- Increased child delinquent and antisocial behavior
- Decreased quality of relationship between parent and child
- Decreased child mental health
The Department of Juvenile Justice urges you to pass this bill to help set an example that violence is never the answer.