Why Girls + Tech = Awesome
Girls in Technology Club Eanes ISD
Tech when I was a kid...
Tech for single purpose
My Tech Evolution
College + Technology
Grad School + Technology
New teacher & New Technology
Training on Technology
Technology Infusion (Life + Technology)
Technology as an Art
Encouraging Women in the Tech Community
A couple reasons why I love technology....
1. Supports Universal Design for Learning (I'll explain)
2. Increases productivity
3. Keeps me organized (sometimes)
4. Encourages my creativity (Canva, Smore, Easelly, ThingLink, Wordpress)
5. Connects me to others trying to make an impact-- so much smarter together
6. Pushes the level of my work--accountability
7. Ability to engage & develop an audience and develop/curate content for them
8. Not limited to just one subject area-- can support almost any endeavor or job path
9. Less discrepancy in wages between males and females in tech positions
10. Possibilities are endless
Women in Tech Today
Women in Tech in the Future
GoldieBlox, Rube Goldberg, & Beastie Boys "Princess Machine" (a concert for little girls)
Update: Both Sides of the Story
Since I posted the video link there has been much online dialogue both supporting and refuting the message of GoldieBlox.... You decide
What do you want to do?
Think, Puzzle, Explore
What do you think you know about what you want to do in the future?
What questions or puzzles do you have?
How can you explore different career paths?