Neil Armstrong Elementary
Dr. Stevenson's Weekly News- Week 16
Here are some updates for this next short week:
- No staff meeting on Monday. We will use that time to have 4th grade collaborative meeting in the conference room and 5th grade collaborative meeting in the library.
- Our annual Title I Family Literacy Night with Rock-It Academy was a success! Kudos to Jenni, Becca, Holly, Lauren, and Trisha for all of their help coordinating the kids' activities, the book give-away, the pizza dinner, etc.
- Tomorrow (Saturday) is the annual NA PTA Holiday Shop. Please consider volunteering an hour of your time to set up on Friday after school and/or work on Saturday morning or during clean up. It is fun to see the families, the crafts, and Santa!
- The African dance troupe will be here on December 10th from 12:10-1:10. I know this isn't the perfect time, but they needed an hour so as soon as 2nd, 3rd, and 4th eat, we will take them to the gym for the performance. Please send them to lunch with their things to go home if they are in the 2nd lunch. PK, 1, and 5, please bring your things to go home with you at 12:10, too.
- Our staff Holiday party which will be at the Alcoa Union Hall down the street on Friday December 12th at 6:00 p.m. Get your crazy white elephant picked out and sign up for a potluck food to bring! Be sure to pay your $2.50 or $5.00 to Colleen.
- Please make sure to thank Mrs. Bert for her hard work in taking over the Scholastic Book Fair. It is not the easiest of tasks and she did a great job!
Monday December 8
8:00 IEP w/Jodi, Tisha, and Megan
12:45 1st grade collaboration meeting
1:45 Kindergarten collaboration meeting
3:30 5th grade collaboration meeting & 4th grade collaboration meeting
3:30 5th grade girls' intramural basketball @ TJ
Tuesday December 9
8:00 Behavior TAT (Kyrie, Debbie, Erika, Megan, Leslie, Danielle)
8:35 2nd grade collaboration meeting
10:45 3rd grade collaboration meeting
1:30 Elementary principals' meeting
3:30 5th grade girls' intramural basketball @ NA vs. HH
Wednesday December 10
7:45 PBIS/CICO team meeting
9:00 Bonnie Fisher visiting
11:00 NA Core meeting w/Barb, Lori, Anne, Christy, and Danielle
12:00 Preschool early dismissal
12:10 African dance troupe performs in Gym for Read Around the World celebration of Africa
1:10 K-5 dismissal
1:30-4:00 Early out professional development for all NA staff in library
2:00-4:00 Rock-It Academy trip to Books-A-Million and Happy Joe's
Thursday December 11
8:00 IEP w/Jodi, Tisha, and Megan
8:30 IEP w/Jodi, Adrianna, and Megan
1:30 District technology vision meeting
2:00 Preschool collaboration meeting
3:30 Speech IEP w/Peg, Kathy, and Jessica
3:30 5th grade girls' intramural basketball @ MT
Friday December 12
7:45 NA/AEA monthly special education meeting w/Jodi, Chuck, Ellen, Brooke, Megan, Leslie, Peg, Lisa, Jenni, Carrie
9:00 Weekly counselor meeting with Danielle
10:45 Weekly office meeting
2:30 Weekly coaches meeting
3:30 Speech IEP w/Peg and Bonnie
Title I & Rock-It Academy Family Literacy Night
Over 50 children and their parents attended our annual Title I information night that we combined with our Rock-It Academy Family Literacy work! Thanks to Colleen, Jenni, Trisha, Holly, Lauren, and Becca for organizing!
70s day was a great way to celebrate our 70th day of school!
Thanks to the staff for being good sports and celebrating 70s day with groovy gear and joining in the dance party!
Preschool Scientists- STEM Pint Size Scientists unit
If you get a chance to pop into Brooke's room to see her lessons with the science kit, please do so! They are loving the science and being scientists!