May 1, 2013
Welcome to our new look...
Yes, the Jamison Journal has a new look! This new look is more user friendly and works well with mobile devices. Please excuse the first few issues as I become more and more comfortable with the design features and capabilities. The Journal's purpose is still the same...I will work with the H.S.A to publish upcoming events and also post pertinent school related information that is relevant to you, the community.
I would be remiss not to say THANK YOU to Mrs. Landue in all that she has done for her years of service with the Jamison Journal. Receiving articles, checking spelling, making them eye-appealing, creating PDF's and more, the list goes on. Mrs. Landue, I wanted to publicly thank you for your dedication to the Jamison Journal!
Jamison Survey (IMPORTANT!)
Please take a few minutes to complete the following survey to guide our Home and School with suggestions, thoughts, and next year's FUNDRAISER (100% JET or Race For Education).
Welcoming a new classroom to Jamison!
It is with a great deal of excitement that I make you, our community, aware that Jamison will be opening its arms to welcome a classroom designed to support children with Autism. Many years ago, Jamison was a regional location for many students with Autism. For the 2013-2014 school year, and hopefully for the foreseeable future, we will be providing the same opportunity for many children with this specific need.
Having had the opportunity to work with this population for four years during my time at Bridge Valley, I can state, with certainty, it was a wonderful experience! The children with Autism that I worked with taught me, the staff, and regular education population so much. Jamison has a reputation for being a very friendly, student-centered school. I'm looking forward to watching the students open their arms and hearts to their new peers as we integrate all of our needs.
The Make a Difference Kids...at it again!
The Make a Difference Kids
Three projects at one time!!!
Science Fun Day
May 3, 2013! Contact Mr. Miller for questions... firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholastic Book Fair
May 6th-10th Family Night is Tuesday, May 7th from 6PM to 8PM
Teacher Appreciation Week
Monday, May 6-May 10, is Teacher Appreciation Week. Monday, the 6th, kicks off the week with a teacher breakfast. Each day there will be a little treat in their mailboxes. Then, during our very own Jamison Today show, the newscasters will draw a name from a hat to find the daily prizewinner.
To finish up the week we are having them pick a dessert that Jamison’s very own parents made. Click on the link below to donate a dessert.
Thanks teachers for all that you do. Enjoy the week of pampering.
-Mr. Miller (HSA President)
Dates that Rate
May 2nd - Home and School Meeting 7PM
May 3rd - Science Fun Day
May 6th - Teacher Appreciation Breakfast
May 6th - 4th Grade Recorder Concert
May 6th to 10th - Scholastic Book Fair
May 7th - Book Fair Family Night
May 17th - Volunteer Tea
May 22nd - Band and Orchestra Concert
May 27th - School Holiday
June 3rd - 6th Grade Poetry Café
June 7th - Field Day
June 11th - Rain Date – Field Day
June 18th - 6th Grade Promotion
June 19th - Last Day of School, Early Dismissal
District Art Show
Central Bucks District Art Show
May 17-19, 2013
at Mill Creek Elementary
Friday 6:30 PM -8:30 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Sunday 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Come out and see the AMAZING artwork the students in our district create!
The following Jamison Elementary students will have their artwork on display:
First Grade: James Cerauli, Alex Dash, Rachel Dash, Lisa Share
Second Grade: Breckyn Loynd, Jeremy Chen, Brian Polack, Annabelle Johnson
Third Grade: Madlyn Mondoil, Mia Fatiga, Zack Vignola, Nick Lopergolo, Makayla Miller
Fourth Grade: Kate Gannon, Danny Kenney, Shane Landue
Fifth Grade: Andrew Bates, Emily Ruddell, Grace Kaupas, Emily McInnis, Evan Trowbridge
Sixth Grade: Sophia Cantu, Danny Noga, Erin Creamer, Alexa Ortman, Cole Martin
CB Cares Boomerang Award
Jamison Elementary School participates in C.B. Cares’ Boomerang Youth Recognition Award.
This award was created to recognize students in the Central Bucks School District for living by one of the 40 Assets designated each month. To find out more about the assets and the award, please go to the Jamison home page and click on the Boomerang link. In the past, parents, students and teachers have nominated students for the Boomerang Award. This year, we are welcoming community members to nominate deserving students as well. To get a nomination form, go to the Jamison home page and click on the Boomerang link. Simply fill out the form and email it to Mrs. Levy at email@example.com or drop it off in the main office. All nomination forms are due to Mrs. Levy by the 10th of each month.
This month’s asset is: #40 Positive View of Personal Future. Young person is optimistic about his or her own future and strives to reach his/her goals. They have hopes, dreams, enthusiasm and plans. He/she demonstrates strong efforts to achieve their goals, whatever they might be.
Jamison JET Award Winners...
We Salute You Award:
This is a monthly award given to a student that a staff member feels exemplifies “Nothing less than your Best!” This award can be given to a student that goes out of his/her way to help a friend, is a great classmate, and gives 110% in everything he/she does. This student receives a certificate at our monthly assembly as well as a Jamison Jet T-Shirt.
April’s Winner: Gabrielle Cataldo
April asset #25 – Young person reads for pleasure most days of the week.
· Winner – Brian Fellenz
· Nominees – Rose Aspen, Samantha Balsham, Samantha Beckman, Payton Burak, Jimmy Carpenter, Gabrielle Cataldo, Nathan Cherny, Tommy Davidson, Madison Dooner, Adam Fields, Angelina Frieman, Juliana Frieman, Kyle Gallik, Kate Gannon, Dylan Gentile, Megan Giolli, Cavan Hansel, Sabrina Humphreys, Gabriel Iadonisi, Isabella Iadonisi, Emily Johannan, Audrey Johnson, Kaeley Jucewicz, Jackson Kane, Taylor Kenefic, Liz Korger, Reese Levinson, Sarah Liebmann, Lily Mandel, Mason Matich, Marielle Mauri, Marissa McShane, Caroline McSorley, Emma McSorley, Remi Mitnick, Alexa Ortman, Kaleigh O’Brien, Giovanni Pannone, Ava Roma, Nick Romas, Emily Ruddell, Jordan Ruddell, Alissa Schelchkov, Hailey Scholer, Heidi Scholer, Richard Scholer, Jonah Smith, Julianna Smith, Heather Traub, Sydney Walker, Sophia Wasyliw, Madison Wikoff, Mrs. Finkbeiner, Miss Mullen
Jet Ticket Winners:
When students are “caught being good”, a Jamison staff member can recognize their behavior by giving them a JET Ticket. The student must write his/her name on the ticket and circle the appropriate character trait (Respect / Responsibility / Safe Community / Sportsmanship). Students place the JET Tickets in the Ticket Box located outside of the Main Office. Then, three students are randomly drawn at our monthly assembly and are given Jet T-Shirts.
· Brendan McShane
· Chris Pettit
· Owen Tyson
Each month, someone in our JET community will be recognized for all that he/she does for our building.
- April’s awards recipients were the Home and School Executive Board members: Robert Miller, Heidi Chen, Christopher Coleman, Christina Davidson, Joanne Farrell, Erynn Jacobsen, Jennifer O’Donnell
School Board Briefs
Central Bucks School District
School Board Briefs
April 24, 2013
At the April 23, 2013 School Board Meeting, the Central Bucks School District School Board:
1. Heard the Tamanend Jazz Band performance before the school board meeting and via video, the Pledge of Allegiance was led by Mrs. Kovnot’s 1st grade Jamison class.
2. Heard the Academic Spotlight about “Training Peer Mentors”. This is a video created by Lindsay Smith and Renee McErlean, teachers at Bridge Valley Elementary School, along with their students demonstrates what they have learned about Autism and what they have learned about being a friend.
3. Heard the Superintendent’s Report, Curriculum, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, IU Board, and MBIT Committee Reports.
4. Approved the School Board Minutes.
5. Approved the Treasurer’s Report.
6. Approved the Resolution for the 2013-2014 Proposed Final Budget. The proposed final budget for 2013-2014 is $290,683,982. There will be a “zero” increase in Real Estate Taxes for the 2013-2014 school year. The school board will take action on the final budget adoption at the May 28 meeting.
7. Ratified the transfer of $23 million from the General Fund to the Debt Service Fund.
8. Approved Purchasing Items for the following subject areas: General Teaching, General Art, Secondary Art, Physical Education, Science, Tech Ed General Hardware, Team Sports Supplies.
9. Approved Construction Contracts as follows:
§ Emergency generator at the Ed Services Center to Pinnacle Electrical Construction - $262,400
§ Roofing replacement at the Ed Services Center to Laurant Construction Co. - $199,695
§ Roofing repairs and installation of a new single ply membrane at the Transportation Annex to Union Roofing Contractors - $98,000
10. Tabled School Board Policies Use of Medications and Electronic Signatures so that the proposed policies can be posted on the CBSD website for public review.
11. Approved School Board Policy 902-1 – Cable Television.
12. Approved various personnel items and student trips.
Received a Sabbatical Leave of Absence as an information item.