Edition #4: January 5, 2023
Click "open this email in a browser" for the best display. To translate or use ADA features, click the Translate icon at the top. Tap any image to enlarge it.
최상의 표시를 위해 "브라우저에서 이 이메일 열기"를 클릭하십시오. ADA 기능을 번역하거나 사용하려면 상단의 번역 아이콘을 클릭하세요. 이미지를 탭하면 확대됩니다.
Para traducir o usar las funciones de ADA, haga clic en el ícono Traducir en la esquina superior derecha. ¿Teniendo problemas? Haga clic en "abrir este correo electrónico en un navegador" para ver la barra de herramientas de Traducción/ADA en la parte superior. Toca cualquier imagen para ampliarla.
Up Next: Community Conversation & Board Deliberations
In January and February, the Board of School Directors will discuss and vote upon options for changing school start times (listed below) at its public Board meetings. Among other things, the Board will be carefully reviewing and considering adolescent sleep research, budgetary impact, and stakeholder feedback from the student, staff and family survey, online feedback form and discussion from our Community Conversations and public Board meetings. The community is encouraged to continue sharing feedback with the Board via upcoming meetings and the feedback form.
January 9, 2023 at 7:00 p.m. – During its public meeting, there will be a student presentation on research/benefits of later school start and end times, and the Board will review and discuss options (see below).
January 30, 2023 at 7:00 p.m. – During its work session public meeting, the Board will continue to review and discuss options.
February 6, 2023 at 7:00 p.m. – During its regular public meeting, the Board will vote on school start and end times beginning in the 2023-2024 school year.
August 2023 – If the Board decides to change school start and end times, then the revised schedule will take effect beginning in the 2023-2024 school year.
Options Still Under Consideration
Option 1: Push everything later by 20-30 minutes
- High School: 8:07 a.m. - 3:05 p.m.
- Middle School: 8:05 a.m. - 2:55 p.m.
- Elementary Schools: 8:50/8:55 a.m. - 3:30/3:35 p.m.
- Additional Annual Busing Cost: $217,000 (est.)
Option 2: Push everything later by 45-55 minutes
- High School: 8:32 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Middle School: 8:30 a.m. - 3:20 p.m.
- Elementary Schools: 9:15/9:20 a.m. - 3:55/4:00 p.m.
- Additional Annual Busing Cost: $339,000 (est.)
No Change: Maintain current schedule
- High School: 7:37 a.m. - 2:35 p.m.
- Middle School: 7:35 a.m. – 2:25 p.m.
- Elementary Schools: 8:30/8:35 a.m. - 3:10/3:15 p.m.
Learn More: Option Details, Survey Results, FAQ, News and Resources
- Overview of Options Under Consideration and Areas of Impact
- Research and Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Student, Staff and Family Survey Results
Share Your Thoughts
We received nearly 200 comments from our school community through the feedback form on our website. The District and Board continue to review community feedback as part of the ongoing consideration for making a change. Click on the button below to share additional comments.