Brentwood High School - Mrs. Aloia - Room 122
In this class you will be creating age appropriate activities for preschool children! Topics include:
- Circle Time
- Large Group for Gross Motor Activities
- Sensory Play
- Social Studies/Practical Life
It is also your responsibility to maintain a safe learning environment and guide the children in the learning process. This class requires you to become a teacher's aid so it's super important to be a great role model to these children.
- Mondays will be your day to prepare for the upcoming week's preschool. Preschool operates every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday unless otherwise specified.
- Grades consist of lesson plans and participation. If you come to class prepared the preschool will be relaxed and much more enjoyable!
- At the beginning of each month you will be given a calendar. Use this calendar to keep track of your assignments.
- Lesson plans must be done correctly in order to receive full credit!
- Participation will be graded with the teacher evaluation rubric.
- At the end of the marking period your role as a teacher's aid will be evaluated with the performance evaluation.
“The child can develop fully by means of experience in his environment. We call such experiences ‘work’.” - Maria Montessori
- What should I do if a child cries?
- Do I have to discipline the children?
- If the children have snacks, do I get some too?
- Is there nap time?
- Are lesson plans hard to write? How long do they need to be?
- How do I come up with creative lesson plans?
- On top of lesson plans and preschool, what else am I expected to do?
- When does preschool start?