Stop Before It Gets Worse...
Why NOT to smoke...
Statistics on the effect of smoking...
- 10.5 million youth are exposed to advertising through the internet.- Nearly 9 out of 10 cigarette smokers first tried smoking smoking by age 18, and 99% first tried smoking by age 26.
- Each day in United States, more than 3,200 youth aged 18 years or younger smoke their first cigarette.
- 2 of every 100 middle school students reported that they have smoked cigarette in the past 30 days.
- 9 of every 100 high school students reported that they have smoked cigarette in the past 30 days.
- 14.4 million youth are exposed to advertising in retail stores.
- 9.6 million youth are exposed through TV commercials (TV in general) or movies.