December 18, 2020 Update
Happy Holidays from FAPS
December 18, 2020
Dear FAPS Families,
Many of the newsletters and other communications you have received from FAPS this year have not included information that lends itself to positive feelings. It is no secret that this school year has been a year of change and a year of frustration in many ways. Knowing that, I am hoping our school community is able to take time during the holidays and find the joy in this time of year.
One way to find joy this time of year is to help others in need.
Our FAPS students and staff, along with our amazing families, continue to help those in need. Organizations within the Fenton community and local churches are also working with us to provide food, presents, emergency funds and other necessities that many of us may take for granted at times. We are fortunate to be a part of such a wonderful community.
I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your families a very happy holiday season and thank everyone for the teamwork we experienced in 2020.
While we know the challenges will not go away when we return in 2021, it is evident that our school community will be stronger than ever.
Dr. Adam Hartley
Our "Holiday Concerts"
This time of year we can always count on enjoying the holiday concerts our schools provide and listening to our talented students as they sing our favorite holiday songs. This year, Mr. Wright and Mr. Perkins needed to get creative.
Our teachers and students did an outstanding job!
Please enjoy the holiday music from FHS and AGS.
Introduction from Mr. Wright:
Happy Holidays from AGS Middle School!
Food Distribution Over the Holidays
Fenton United Methodist Church Food Pantry:
Please call Kelley at 810-399-2437
Saturday 12/19 10:00-12:00
Sunday 12/27 10:00-12:00
Saturday 1/2 10:00-12:00
*At the church at 106 E. Elizabeth.
News from The Fenton High School Alumni Association (Carla Juarez)
Fenton High School Alumni Association together with FARR would like to "thank" the community for their generosity contributing to "Stuff the Bus." During a year that has been so uncertain we were able to feed around 217 families. All the numbers are not in yet but I will have the numbers available next month. We also had the opportunity to partner with new people and organizations. However, we did really miss the State Rd. Craft Show but hope it will be back in 2021.
Alumni will be placing meetings on hold until May 2021. If you would like any information please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
News from the Fenton Education Foundation
The award recipients are Mark Suchowski for The Nancy & Edward Petruska Lifetime Achievement in Education, and John and Gail Strayer for The State Bank Community Contribution to Education Award.
Mark, John & Gail are congratulated for their ongoing contributions to education throughout the years and the Community will be proud to finally honor them on September 9, 2021 at this event.
December 7, 2020 Board Meeting
- Presentation on Early Middle College (Mott CC)- Kelly Boike/Heidie Ciesielski
- Continuous Learning Plan - Heidie Ciesielski/Dr. Adam Hartley
- Extended COVID-19 Learning Plan/Reconfirmation Meeting Document
- Updates regarding the MDHHS orders/MHSAA - Michael Bakker
- Presentation of K-5 Math Curriculum Resource Pilot Math - Heidie Ciesielski
- Board Policy 8450.05 (MiOSHA Temporary Telecommuting Policy)-Dr. Adam Hartley
- Approve Extended Covid-19 Continuous Learning Plan (Resolution) - Dr. Adam Hartley
- Approval of Summer Tax Levy (Resolution) - Dr. Doug Busch
- Approval of Fenton Education Foundation Grants - Barry Tiemann
- Approval of Math (BAR) - Heidie Ciesielski
- Approval of Board Policy 8450.05 -Dr. Adam Hartley
- Approval of Kerece Domerese (BAR)- Dr. Doug Busch
- Building Administrator's Contract Approval - Dr. Doug Busch
Board Reports, Requests, and Announcements
- GCASBM Board Service & Retirement Awards Program, December 10, 6:00pm (Via Zoom)
- Regular/Organizational School Board Meeting, Monday, January 4, 2021 (Moved to Jan. 11th)
- Recognition of Lynn Hopper, FAPS School Board member
- Recognition of Community Partners (The State Bank and Sovita Credit Union)
- Owen Road Property
Board Sub-Committee Reports
- Finance December 4, 2020
- Teaching & Learning - December 7, 2020
When we return to remote learning on January 4, 2021, we will continue to assess the following factors as we prepare to return to face to face instruction on January 19, 2021.
Appropriate K-12 Staffing
Community spread and the impact on the school community
Mitigating the circle of exposure
To help us prepare for a face to face return, please contact us if your child tests positive for COVID-19 or is quarantined due to being a close contact.
The best way to communicate this is to email the building Principal or call the main office of your child's building.
The health department is sending us this information, however, due to the volume of cases they investigate, we do not receive notifications in a timely manner.
Thank you again for helping us prepare for a January 19th return to face to face instruction.