PLANET EARTH A WE KNOW IT
PLANET EARTH IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!!
WHAT IS EARTH?
Earth, known as "world", is one out of eight planets. Earth is the third planet from the sun and is the densest planet in the solar system. Our world the largest of the Solar System's four terrestrial planets, and the only astronomical object known to harbor life. The earliest life on Earth arose at least 3.5 billion years ago. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth
- Earth is 4.54 billion years old
- Earth is 3,959 miles around
- Earth is 92,960,000 miles away from the sun
- Earth has only one moon named Luna
- Earth is the only plant known to have living creatures and liquids
THE SCIENCE BEHIND EARTH
- Earth is balancing on a rotating axis which causes season. There are four seasons - Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall or Autumn.
- Rotation is the spinning of the Earth on its axis and the cause of night and day. Each rotation equals 24 hours. (Earths is 24,000 miles around so we are spinning at approximately 1,000 miles per hour)
- We get our energy from the sun by nuclear fusion. Nuclear fusion is when atomic nuclei of low atomic number fuse to form a heavier nucleus with the release of energy.
- A light year is the time it takes light to travel in a year. 186,000 miles per second.