Avid Parent Poster
Should Your Child Be In Avid?
What Is Avid?
What Is Avid's Mission?
Using this helps go deeper and farther into the learning material.
Why should your child be in avid?
- Being able to collaborate with other students and talk about the things that may have went on in a particular class or lesson
- Taking C-notes that will benefit you to help pass your classes and to reference back to
- Having a good learning environment to be able to focus in.
- It will offer your child an experience to make friends
A few things you should know...
- When participating you have to keep a grade average of an A, B, or C. sense your in Avid this shouldn't be a problem
- You have to make sure that your behavior is good. You can be removed from avid because of grades.
- Also you have to be able too keep up with our work and the TRF's and the C-notes that will be given out in Avid.
- Avid IS NOT a study hall. It IS NOT a class that you will be given the period to work. It is an actual class
Week At A Glance In Avid
-Work on your TRF's for the next day
-Check your grades
-Tutorial days: This is where you present your question from your TRF and you help others with their point of confusions
Avid WICOR day