March 5, 2021
During HyFlex learning, we were more lenient regarding wearing the full uniform everyday. Beginning immediately, students must always be in full uniform (see attached), which includes the school sweater. In addition, for the remainder of this school year, students may wear the uniform store's fleece or Parent Guild Spirit Store items OVER their sweater (not in place of their sweater) while in the classroom.
Any additional items worn for warmth must be navy or gray and display no logos, graphics, or trademarks.
New Pick-Up Times
Thank you for adhering to the set pick-up times for your child. Please do not arrive early.
Kindergarten @ 12:35pm
Grades 3 - 4 @ 12:55pm
Grades 5 - 8 @ 1:00pm
TRAVEL and EASTER BREAK
Change is the new norm, so here we go again! We ask that you show patience as we attempt to remain fluid, yet cautious in our decisions.
This week, the city of San Francisco updated their travel regulations. Click here for full release. Based on this information, here is the current policy at SVDP.
- If a student travels outside the state or country, they will need to quarantine for a minimum of five days upon return (time frame may be dependent on destination) and present a negative COVID result for a test taken approximately four days after their return home.
- If a student travels 120 miles from home, but does not leave the state, the state recommends that you quarantine, but it is no longer required.
- If you have non-Easter break travel plans, please contact email@example.com to discuss specifics of travel plans, quarantine, testing, and learning options.
We cannot guarantee that this policy will be in place for Easter Break. Again, we ask for your patience and flexibility. We know people want to make plans, but all we can work with is what is happening today.
We will continue to plan on offering distance learning the week of April 12th - 16th, however, be aware that distance learning is no longer be HyFlex (where children Zoom into each class), but Directed Studies, where the students complete their work offline, but participates in scheduled teacher/student check-ins. In order for our teachers to know who to plan for in-person and distance, families must complete this quick questionnaire (click link or use the button below) regarding their travel plans. Please complete by March 19th.
Annual Giving Needs You!
We inched up to 67% participation this week --- if you have not donated, please take a minute to support SVDP.
Remember participation in this important school-wide program helps us bring your child the best experience at SVDP and keep tuition increases at a minimum. Every student benefits from Annual Giving, so your participation is very meaningful.
Tax deductible donations can be made via check (payable to SVDP and sent to Brenda Barkley's attention), FACTS, online, or stocks / securities.
Questions? Contact Brenda Barkley, Development Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 415.346.5505 x 107
Retail Partner: Amazon Smile
See this article on how to get started on both your desktop and through the mobile app.
We are listed as St. Vincent de Paul School, make sure to select the one located in San Francisco.
The direct link to designate a purchase to SVDP is https://smile.amazon.com/ch/94-3033873, but this does not set up SVDP as your designated charity for future purchases.
Remember, you always have to shop through smile.amazon.com or through a mobile app previously set up for Amazon Smile.
WCEA / WASC
To refresh, these are the goals we have proposed to the committee:
- Implement further research-based methodologies that support high impact instructional strategies.
- Utilize a variety of assessment tools to disaggregate, analyze, and correlate data points for curricular improvement across all subjects.
- Develop and implement a reflective tool for students tied to the Schoolwide Learning Expectations (SLEs).
- Expand parent partnership in the spiritual, academic, and social/emotional development of our students through the lens of Catholic Identity.
- Utilize the SMAR Model to shift practices from substitution / augmentation to modification / redefinition to strengthen technology integration.
Thank you for your participation in this process. Your response to the various surveys, many open discussions and independent conversations through out the past several years have culminated in the writing of our self-study. Your input was invaluable.
From Father Healy - Apartment for Rent
School Families and Friends... a large 3 bedroom apartment with 1 1/2 baths, plus a bonus room will be coming on the market and available soon.
This spacious apartment might be perfect for a small family, empty-nesters, or anyone who wants to enjoy The Marina, Cow Hollow, Crissy Field, Fort Mason, local restaurants, shopping, and entertainment venues.
If interested, please contact Compass Realty Leasing Agents, Clara Laines-Welch, wk. tel: (415) 345-3088, e-mail: email@example.com, or Mary Landeros, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, wk. tel: (415) 345-3088.
Your assistance in helping find a new and responsible tenant would be greatly appreciated.