Weekly Update - 7.26
Easton Area HS Instrumental Music
This Week's Edition:
- Weekly Schedule
- Band Camp needs your help!
- March A Thon Sponsorships (NEW!)
- First Flag Sponsorships
- Band Camp Info
- Percussion & Guard Sectionals
- Volunteer Information
- Band App
Weekly Schedule (August 1 - 7, 2021)
- Drumline, Pit & Guard Sectional 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. @ EAHS.
- Uniform Fittings 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 PM & 5:00 - 8:00 PM
Tuesday, August 3rd
- New Member Fittings 3:00 - 7:00 PM
Wednesday, August 4th
- Band Council Meeting 10:00 AM
- McDonald's Fundraiser Night 4:00 PM @ McDonald's on 3rd Street & Larry Holmes Drive
- New Member Fittings 3:00 - 7:00 PM
Thursday, August 5th
- New Member Fittings 6:00 - 8:00 PM
Friday, August 6th
- New Member Fittings 2:00 - 5:00 PM
Saturday, August 7th
- Boston Crusaders to practice at EAHS (students welcome to watch - schedule to be conveyed on Friday)
*Marching Band students, if you have not signed up for a uniform fitting, please do so here.
**Woodwind & brass sectionals are not included on the weekly schedule, as they are scheduled by student section leaders.
Stay up to date by viewing our online calendar on our website!
Summer Percussion & Guard Sectionals
- Monday, August 02
All sectionals run from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. and are held at EAHS. Attendance is required at all sectionals, as we are a team. These practices allow us to put our best foot forward heading into band camp in August. Excused absences include vacation, family events (wedding), illness, or PIAA events.
In order to be excused from a sectional, students/ parents/ guardians should email Mr. Ballentine two (2) weeks prior to the conflict.
Band Camp needs your help!
Band Camp is less only a week away! We provide all the snacks and dinners for the band during camp. We need many helpers to make it run smoothly. Please sign-up to provide what you can. Please use the following link to sign-up to volunteer or provide food for our hard working band!
This year we will be having an additional pasta night. We will need several helpers during those dinners as well as people willing to bake pasta dishes. We would like a variety of dishes if possible.
2021 Band Camp Information
Band Camp is a massive undertaking to bring all of our students together. In order to make this a success, the following will occur before camp begins:
- Summer sectionals: each section has summer sectionals to get to know one another, bond as a group, and work on music & marching before camp. Sectionals are required for students to attend unless on vacation, family event, etc. If you have not yet heard from your section leader, please contact Mr. Ballentine.
- Obtain any needed materials: all students must have certain items in order for us to achieve our potential. Please see the "Band Camp Welcome Letter" found below.
- Complete & return all required forms: all students are required to return the forms found below BY July 30, 2021. A hard copy mailing was also sent in July with these documents. If you have not yet turned in these forms, please drop them off at the HS prior to band camp.
- Uniform fittings: All students should be signing up for a uniform fitting. Returning members are scheduled for Monday, August 02. New members begin August 03. Questions? Please reach out to Mrs. Niosi or Mrs. Martyak at email@example.com.
Please see the forms below for information on band camp.
- Band Camp Welcome
- Full Marching Band Schedule
- Medical Form - due July 30 (copy of insurance card also needed)
- Image Use Form - due July 30
- Volunteer Form - due July 30
As always, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to Mr. Ballentine or any of the band council leadership.
2021 March A Thon - Friday, August 13
What is it?
Taking place during our regularly scheduled camp, students march the equivalent of 50 laps around the football field throughout the morning. In addition, they partake in team building activities, games & other events.
What do I need to do?
We ask all students to find sponsorships for this day. Section leaders will be relaying information to their sections regarding specifics for the event & ways you can sponsor a student.
Our goal is $5,000. If every student found $20 in sponsorships, we would EXCEED our goal! See the forms below for sponsorship information:
All checks / sponsorships can be dropped off in the lockbox located in the instrumental music room OR mailed to:
Instrumental Music Association
Easton Area High School
PO Box 3535
Easton, PA 18043
First Flags Information
There are MANY ways that you can help! One of the best ways to help us fundraise is to contact businesses who may be interested in sponsoring the instrumental music program. There are options for businesses to also get special shout outs on our social media, in our concert programs & more.
Parents & Guardians: there is a DISCOUNTED rate for pre-sale tickets. This form is due back by September 04.
There are also ways for you to take out an ad for your child. You can also choose to put a shout out in the program (only $5!). All ads are due by August 28.
Questions? Please reach out to Mrs. Jennifer Martellucci: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PMEA D10 Band & Orchestra Auditions
Auditions take place on Saturday, December 04, 2021. To view the solo lists & see more information about the requirements, please visit the PMEA D10 website.
Calling all volunteers!
To do this, please view our website with step-by-step information on how to go about obtaining these.
Please be sure to also complete & return the volunteer form found under the strings camp/ band camp information sections of this newsletter. This form will also be mailed out in mid-July.
Additionally, if you are interested in serving as a nurse for the band during band camp & football games, please reach out to our medical coordinator, Mrs. Ferretti, at email@example.com.
Band App - Stay Informed
The advantages of this app include:
- Notifications sent directly to phone or device.
- Instant communication to relay last-minute changes or details.
- Integrated calendar (with ability to import the calendar to your phone's calendar).
- Attachments tab to keep track of any forms.
It is recommended every parent/ guardian sign up for this app. To do so, please click this link. This group is specifically for any parent/ guardian of a student in the band or orchestra.