Development of a 6 year old
Extra! Extra! Learn all about it!
Boys are usually 46 1/4 inches tall and weigh 49 1/2 lbs while girls are 45 1/2 inches tall and weigh 47 lbs. Around this time, they start to resemble the lanky adolescents they will become one day.
- Identifies close friends on the basis of proximity and frequency of interaction.
- Has the ability to resolve conflict in socially acceptable ways. (e.g. talking through things or asking an adult for assistance.)
- Aware that other people have different perspectives, thoughts, and feelings about ideas.
- Needs to be encourage to dress themselves.
- Proper nutrition helps their body grow and resist infections.
- Bedtime routines are a must!!!
Fine Motor Skills
- Pictures and stories look more recognizable.
- Writing significantly improves.
Gross Motor Skills
- Play sports such as soccer.
- Maintaining balance and coordination.