🐾 Mountain View Elementary ♥️
Events just around the corner
- Mon., Aug. 21 - Istation Reading District Assessment window opens
- i-Ready Math District Assessment window opens
- Taking ALL Band and Orchestra sign-up's now - as soon as you're ready! 🎻🥁
- Fri., Aug. 25 - Sign-ups for Choir are due 🎶
- Thurs, Aug. 31 - Back to School Assembly Grades 4-6 @ 2:15 PM & Grades K-3 2:45 PM in Gym
- Thurs., Aug. 31 - Back to School Night 5:30-7:00 PM
*First PTO Meeting is Tuesday, September 12th - 7:00 -8:00 PM
Meet the Principal, Mrs. Meyerhoeffer
Thank you for welcoming me into your community.
I will gladly be serving as your Elementary Principal. To say that I’m excited is an understatement. I look forward to working with our parents, students and the TALENTED MOUNTAIN VIEW TEAM. They are rock stars!! ⭐
My experience starts with ten years as an elementary teacher and four years as an assistant principal in Twin Falls. In 2004, I made the leap to Jerome where I taught and later served happily as principal for twenty years.
This is my 31st year (did I just say that?) in education and I have enjoyed every bit of it. The experiences and connections continue to fill my bucket and remind me of the many opportunities we encounter daily. I am the lucky one!
I have enjoyed connecting to OUR precious kiddos. Watch out, Mrs. Meyerhoeffer is over the moon excited to see you! Just take a look at these pictures from last week....the smiles say it all. 😊
Parents play an important role on our Mountain View TEAM and we thank you for your support. WELCOME again to Mountain View and thank you so much for sharing your child with us. We are honored!
We are family, we are the Mountain View family. ❤
Let’s have a memorable 2023-2024 school year, surrounded with positive attitudes and contagious energy.
I look forward to sharing and celebrating TOGETHER! 🐯
Mrs. Eva Meyerhoeffer
We need your help! 😊
- Please place student names on jackets, lunch boxes, water bottles, backpacks.
- If your child is going to be absent, please use the attendance line (208) 854-5724.
- Lastly, make sure your child/ren know what the after school plan is before they come to school.
Safety Patrol News
We are so happy to have two new 6th-grade squads this year. We have a few safety reminders for parents and students. We have had a few close calls with cars driving right past us and not stopping for pedestrians, please slow down and be safe. Please keep the crosswalks clear when parking near the four corners, by the bike rack crossing area, or in the parking lot. Our crossing guards will ask you to move your vehicle to a safe location. If you are riding your bike to school, please remember to walk it across the crosswalks. We have a small entrance to the rear parking lot and you must walk your bike from the four corners at Cabarton and be crossed by the patrol to the bike racks. Thank you for your support.
Special news from our amazing Librarian, Mrs. Bostrom
The Mountain View Library is so happy to be filled with readers. Please remind your students that book returns are the day before their library check-out day. Mrs. Bostrom will be setting up Idaho Battle of the Books for the 2023-2024 season. We will have students who are interested, sign up in September and be ready to start reading in October.
Some important dates to remember for this semester!
Orchestra parents, Mr. Brenton Viertel will return Sept. 25. In the meantime, Mrs. Colleen Schoeck is happily filling the position. 🙂
- September 4 - Labor Day - No School Pre K-12
- September 7 - Picture Day
- October 19 - No School Pre K-6 classes - Parent Conferences
- October 20 - No School Pre K-12
- November 20-24 - Autumn Break - No School Pre K-12
- December 20 - Early Release K-12
- December 21 - End of First Semester - Early Release K-12
- Dec 22 - Jan 5 Winter Break - No School Pre K-12