Tech at The Bend
First things first...
Many have asked about specific instructional technologies and I wanted to share all updates I have in one place at one time. If you notice something is not addressed here, please reach out and let me know so I can track down answers for you.
New Technology Usage Policy
1. Posting to personal social media accounts during the work day is a no-no
2. Artificial Intelligence (AI) devices such as Google Home, Amazon Echos (Alexa), etc. are not allowed in classrooms.
Beware of Malware
Performance Series Express
- The students will not have to log into the Chromebook.
- On the Chromebook startup page, click the circle in the lower left corner where the student should be able to see both the Performance Series and TestNav apps.
Please check that these apps both appear prior to testing and submit an IT Direct request with the barcode numbers of all Chromebooks that are missing the apps.
- If you need help uploading a grade level picture, please let me know. I'll be happy to help.
- Teacher bios on the "About Teacher" pages should be written in third-person and accompanied by a professional photo. Please double-check that your page meets these expectations at your earliest convenience.
Ready or Not?*
- Typing Agent - Ready and accessible via ClassLink
- STEMscopes - Ready and accessible via ClassLink
- Hapara - Ready and accessible via Google dashboard
- IXL - in process; the district is handling this via OneRoster
- BrainPOP - in process; the district is handling this via OneRoster
- SeeSaw - in process by the district office & hoping to have ready by Parent Night on Thursday
- WeVideo - in process by Sharon Mumm
- Pearson - being uploaded by the district (8/21) today
- PLTW - in process, I am working on this one
*I can only speak to the status of these platforms at Cherokee Bend as of 8/21/2019; other schools may be at different points in the launch process than we are