What do you need to know?
What is a virtual assistant?
A virtual assistant is an independent contractor who provides administrative services while working outside of the client's office. Most work from a home office.
What should I look for in a virtual assistant?
- Several years of secretarial or office management experience
- Technological skills
- Project management abilities
- References, either from reviews or other clients
How do I go about hiring a virtual assistant?
- Online resources such as WWW.assistu.com, WWW.ivaa.org, or WWW.vanetworking.com
- Ask other small business owners
- Put out an ad
How much should I pay my virtual assistant?
Most have a range between $20-$80 depending on the experience and reputation of the VA the hourly wage could differ. This could also either increase or decrease. Make sure to discuss wages before signing a deal.