Welcome to McAuliffe Elementary
Main Office: 651-480-7390
Kids' Campus: 651-480-7423
Hastings Bus Company: 651-437-1888
DATES TO REMEMBER
1 - No School - New Years Day
2 - No School - Last Day of Holiday Break
15 - No school - Martin Luther King Day
18 - Countdown to Kindergarten
22 - Music Informances
23 - Music Informances
26 - No School - Workshop/Staff Development
Please Read for Information on Upcoming Events, PTC meetings, and Volunteer Opportunities
COUNTDOWN TO KINDERGARTEN
Thursday, January 18th, 5:30-7pm
You and your child are invited to visit Kindergarten classrooms, meet Kindergarten teachers, turn in registration/enrollment forms, and tour the school.
Every year the students at McAuliffe prepare a performance for family and friends as a part of their music class. Students in Grades K, 1, and 2 prepare an informance. An informance is a bit less formal than a concert. It demonstrates their performance abilities while also sharing parts of the music curriculum. Informances are held in the music room. The schedule is as follows:
Monday, January 22nd Informances
11:10-11:35: Mrs. Erickson
11:35-12:05: Mrs. Schindler
1:10-1:35: Ms. Johnson
1:35-2:05: Mrs. Hanson
2:05-2:30: Mrs. Hunt
2:30-3:00: Ms. Bronk
Tuesday January 23rd Informances
11:10-11:35: Mrs. Fischer
11:35-12:05: Mrs. Whitelhill
1:10-1:35: Mrs. Schulte
1:35-2:05: Mrs. Jonely
2:05-2:30: Mrs. Kost
2:30-3:00: Ms. Barry
Third and Fourth graders as well as the McAuliffe Eagle Choir will perform a formal concert in the McAuliffe gym. To accommodate all families and friends, we will perform twice. The date and times are as follows:
Friday, February 2: Grade 3 & 4 Concert
PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF REMINDERS
- Whenever possible, prepare your child(ren) to exit the vehicle on the curbside.
- Please pull up as far as you can, so other cars can drop off behind you.
- Do not park your car along the curb and come into the building. If you need to come into the building for any reason, please park in one of our parking lots.
- Ensure you have clear visibility out all of your windows.
Drop off times are from 8:30 am - 8:45 am. Children should not be dropped off before 8:30. If you need to drop off before the 8:30 bell, you may enroll your child in Kids Campus. Information about Kid’s Campus can be found further down in this newsletter.
KEEPING OUR CHILDREN SAFE
Your child's safety is of prime importance to us. There are a few procedure guidelines that help us maintain a secured building and limit the number of distractions to our classrooms. Our building is designed to have a single entry point during the school day. Please keep the following in mind:
- Always check in at the office whenever you are at school.
- When delivering things for your child (ex. snow gear), please drop them off at the office. We will deliver articles or call your child down to the office.
- When picking up your child early from school, please do so by signing them out at the office. The office personnel will contact your child’s teacher to dismiss them.