Words of Inspiration
A New Year
It's almost time for you to send your children back to us, and we are excited! It was a fast summer, but we are working hard and dedicating time to making sure the campus and our plans are ready to go on August 28.
As you are winding down your summer, please keep in mind that it's time for your children to start getting back into school mode. Have them read, look at practice material online and most importantly, get back to a bedtime routine. They will be with us from 8:20-3:40 p.m. every Monday through Friday, and we want their brains ready to work in every class period. You can even start having discussions about their goals for the school year and what they might want to accomplish by June 7, 2018. Talk to them about managing their time effectively, so they don't feel overwhelmed or lost. Most importantly, remind them that you are going to be there for them all year to help with school work, social issues and just to support them along the way.
All the important dates will be listed below, so please mark your calendars and make plans to join us. We want to encourage you all to get involved this new school year in any way you can...join PTA, volunteer at school, be a Watch DOG, mentor a student, chaperone a dance, attend sporting and fine arts events, and above all, share the love of learning with your children. We are partners in education who need to continue to inspire our children to dream big and persevere. Don't hesitate to call us if you have any questions, concerns, or just want to chat. Pat Neff is a community, and we are happy you are part of that community!
Have a safe end of summer!
: ) Mrs. Correa
Dates to Remember
8/10 Mobile Clinic @ Neff (remember, No Shots, No School)
8/11-8/13 Tax Free Weekend
8/15-8/16 Open Registration for new to Neff students
8/21 Teachers back at work (staff development all week)
8/23 6th grade Texan Roundup 5-7 pm
8/24 7th/8th grade Texan Roundup 5-7 pm
8/28 First Day of School
9/4 Labor Day Holiday
9/13 Fball vs. Jones
9/14 Vball vs. Jones
9/18 Progress Reports go home
9/20 Fball vs. Rayburn
9/21 Vball vs. Rayburn
9/23 Girls' Vball Tmt.
9/27 Fball vs. Bernal
9/28 Vball vs. Bernal
10/4 Fball vs. Luna
10/5 Vball vs. Luna
10/6 Last day of 1st six weeks
10/9 Student Holiday
10/10 Parent Seminar: Social Media 6-8 pm
10/11 Fball vs. Vale
10/12 Vball vs. Vale
10/13 Principal's Coffee 7:45 a.m.
Report Cards go home
- Uniform Reminders:
6th grade: Black polo shirt w/Khaki pants or skirts (No Shorts)
7th grade: Gray polo shirt w/Khaki pants or skirts (No Shorts)
8th grade: Navy polo shirt w/Khaki pants or skirts (No Shorts)
- REMINDER: No Shots, No School...please make sure all immunizations are up to date before Aug. 28.
- Please make sure to drop your students off by 8:20 in the morning, so they aren't late to their 1st period classes. And, don't forget, you cannot check students out after 3:20 pm.
- Electronic Devices are allowed at school, but there are procedures in place as to when they are allowed to be used. Students can listen to music (w/ear phones) and/or play games from 7:30-8:20 a.m., and during lunch. Electronic devices must be turned off and out of sight when in the classroom, unless the teacher has given permission for students to use them. Please DO NOT send text messages, or call your child, during the day. Emergency calls can be made to the front office, and we will then give the message to your child.
- Complete your Online Background Check and be part of our Texan Learning Community! : )
Draft schedules will be issued at our Texan Roundups...please check these carefully and report any concerns/mistakes to the grade level counselor before the first day of school.
6th grade Counselor: Ms. Vela email: email@example.com
7th grade Counselor: Ms. Flores email: firstname.lastname@example.org
8th grade Counselor: Ms. Parra email: email@example.com
Grade Reporting Secretary: Ms. Covarrubias
Counselors' Office phone number: 397-4132
- Pat Neff was selected as one of the Schools Transforming Learning. This is definitely an honor because our staff works hard every day to ensure your children are getting innovative lessons that will help them excel in and out of the classroom. We will continue to encourage our teachers to be creative and take risks in the classroom, so feel free to shadow your children (with 24 hours notice) and see what they are learning in the classroom.
Find us on Twitter