Welcome to the BHS Express
A newsletter keeping you informed about Batavia High School
December 9, 2022
Andrea Conner, BHS Principal
Hello Bulldog Families.
The BHS Music Department began their concerts this week with our choirs performing on Wednesday night. We continue to be amazed by the talents displayed by our students. If you missed the choir concert on Wednesday, no worries. We have their performances in this newsletter! The BHS Bands will be performing on Monday, December 12 at 7:00 p.m. at Batavia High School. We are very proud of our music program and the work our teachers have put into developing these opportunities for our students.
Our high school never rests and our students are always busy. If you would like to keep up with our active young people, follow us on twitter at @batavia_hs. We attempt to post many activities in which our students are involved.
Next week will be our last full week of the quarter. Please work with your student to make sure all assignments are complete and that they are finishing the semester in good standing. Help them prepare for their semester exams and encourage them to build in some time to study throughout this upcoming week. Research shows that studying in “chunks” for several days increases retention of material rather than “cramming” the evening before an exam. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you need any assistance.
Have a nice weekend, and thank you for allowing us to invest in your student.
In service to our Bulldogs.
Andrea Conner, High School Principal
Sometimes, you just need a little entertainment during lunch!
Senior Felix Tejada demonstrates his talent.
BHS Music Department's Choir Performances
BHS Chorale Performance
BHS Women's Chorus
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING
- The First Semester Exam Schedule is linked here: First Semester Exam Schedule There will be NO late arrivals or early dismissals on Monday and Tuesday. The only day students are permitted to leave early is Wednesday. Remember, this does not apply to CCP students. All BHS students will be dismissed on Wednesday, December 21, 2022 at 11:00 a.m.
- There is a Toys for Tots drop box in the BHS office. Please review the attached flier for information: Toys for Tots
- Next week, the junior class will be sponsoring Spirit Week. Here are the themes for each day:
- Monday, December 12, 2022: Mistle "Toes" Day - Wear your holiday headwear and socks
- Tuesday, December 13, 2022: Tacky Traditions - Wear your ugly holiday sweaters
- Wednesday, December 14, 2022: Baby, it’s cold outside - Wear your favorite holiday PJs
- Thursday, December 15, 2022: Holiday Character Day - Dress up as your favorite (school appropriate) holiday movie character
- Friday, December 16, 2022: Sparkling Silver and Gold - Wear your most sparkling outfits
UPCOMING IMPORTANT UPDATES
End of Course for Retakes:
December 12, 2022: EOC Retakes Make ups
December 13, 2022: EOC Government
December 14-16, 2022: Any remaining make ups
December 12, 2022: HS Band Concert at Batavia High School - 7:00 p.m.
December 15, 2022: AP Biology Field Trip
December 19-21, 2022: High School Exam Schedule. First Semester Exam Schedule
December 22 - January 2, 2023: Winter Break
January 3, 2023: First Day of Quarter 3
January 7, 2023: U.C. Mock Trial Invitational
January 13, 2023: Sophomore visit to Live Oaks
January 14, 2023: OSU Mock Trial Invitational
January 16, 2023: No School: MLK Holiday
January 21, 2023: BPA Regional Competition
January 25, 2023: BPA Region 13 Conference and Awards
INFORMATION FROM THE BHS GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT
Check out the Batavia High School Guidance Counselor website.
Your Guidance Counselors are:
9th - 12th Grade Counselor A-L
(513) 732-2341 ext: 7037
(513) 732-2341 ext: 7036
- Great Oaks Career Centers
- Great Oaks specializes in career and technical education for both high school students and adults. At four campuses, Great Oaks high school students prepare for careers and college, with over 30 career programs available. Great Oaks will visit BHS to present to our 10th grade students on December 14th. In January, 10th grade students will go for a visit to Live Oaks or Scarlet Oaks, depending on the program of interest. Online applications need to be submitted by February 7, 2023 for priority consideration. Additional information about Great Oaks and program options can be found at this link: Great Oaks Career Centers
- How to Change Negative Thinking Patterns
Dave Anderson, PhD, explains how negative thinking patterns affect kids’ lives, what are some of the most common negative thinking patterns, and how parents can help.
BATAVIA HIGH SCHOOL OFFICE CONTACTS
513-732-2341, ext. 7051
Matt Buis, Assistant Principal
513-732-2341, ext. 7052
Melissa Anstaett, Administrative Assistant
513-732-2341, ext. 7055
Edie Strine, Administrative Assistant
513-732-2341, ext. 7054
If your student is absent, call
513-732-2341 and leave a message on the attendance line