Burleson Elementary News
September 10, 2020
A NOTE FROM MRS. COFFMAN
Please make sure that your child is reading 20 minutes every night. Reading is essential to gaining comprehension, understanding, and vocabulary. Please encourage your child to read and take AR tests. Broncoville store will open every nine weeks for the students to spend their points. We have some great toys that have been donated, and the students are always excited to shop. Our goal is 22 million words for the entire year! We met our goal of 21 million last year, so we are going to push harder and read more this year! Together we can meet our goal!
¡Disfrutamos viendo a sus hijos todos los días! ¡Están tan felices de estar aquí! ¡Apreciamos su gracia, apoyo y aliento durante estos diferentes momentos! ¡Estamos orgullosos de ser Broncos y de servir a sus hijos!
Por favor asegúrese de que su hijo lea 20 minutos cada noche. La lectura es esencial para adquirir comprensión, comprensión y vocabulario. Anime a su hijo a leer y tomar las pruebas de AR. La tienda Broncoville abrirá cada nueve semanas para que los estudiantes gasten sus puntos. Tenemos algunos juguetes geniales que han sido donados y los estudiantes siempre están emocionados de comprar. ¡Nuestro objetivo es 22 millones de palabras para todo el año! Cumplimos con nuestra meta de 21 millones el año pasado, ¡así que vamos a esforzarnos más y leer más este año! ¡Juntos podemos alcanzar nuestro objetivo!
Our first round of progress monitoring assessments are on campus on September 14. All students are required to participate in MAP and BAS testing. They will be from 8:30-10:30. If you are planning to return to face-to-face instruction for our next quarter, you must contact Mrs. Coffman by October 7th.
Nuestra primera ronda de evaluaciones de seguimiento del progreso se llevará a cabo en el campus el 14 de septiembre. Se requiere que todos los estudiantes participen en las pruebas MAP y BAS. Serán de 8: 30-10: 30. Si planea regresar a la instrucción presencial para el próximo trimestre, debe comunicarse con la Sra. Coffman antes del 7 de octubre.
NEW MEADOW STORE
¡La oficina de la primaria está vendiendo ropa nueva de Meadow! La tienda solo está en línea y estará abierta hasta el 16 de septiembre. ¡También hay artículos para jóvenes disponibles! ¡Comparte con familiares y amigos! ¡Amamos esta pequeña ciudad y queremos mostrar.
Click here to shop!
- Practice letter and sound recognition.
- Focus on number recognition up to number 5.
- Library book due back on Tuesday.
- Check snack list.
- Bring water bottle every day.
- Attendance is important daily.
- Parent conferences will be on Monday, October 19th.
I am enjoying working with your child. Thank you for your support. Mrs A 😊
1. Our parent conference date will be Monday, October 19th. Please mark this in your calendar! It is different than the school wide date. This is a very important meeting! A sign up sheet for times will be going home soon.
2. Practice sight words every night. Tests are every Friday!
3. Bring your library book every day.
4. Bring a water bottle every day.
5. Please sign your child into Google Classroom just in case they have to go virtual.
**I also noticed some parents are keeping track of words read on the reading log. You do not need to do that! We will start AR Tests this Friday with our reading buddies and that will track our words read :)
Thank you for all you do!
1. Practice sight words nightly for the test on Friday over all 20 words.
2. Practice math facts, we are working on +2 in class.
3. Study the spelling words and sentences for a test on Friday.
4. Bring your library book to school every day.
5. Don't forget a water bottle each day. If you fill it up at home, it needs to be water not Gatorade or other drinks.
1. Practice math facts, we are working on +4 in class.
2. Study the spelling words for a test on Friday.
3. Bring your library book to school every day.
4. Remember to bring a water bottle each day(water only).
5. Be thinking of what time will work for you for a parent conference in October. Sign ups will happen soon. These can be done face to face, over the phone, or via Zoom.
In math we are working on estimating sums by rounding a number to the nearest 10 or 100 and then adding the numbers together. Please make sure your child is practicing their math facts each night. We will test on the math facts each Friday.
In science we are completing our lesson on changes in heat. We have experimented with using different types of heat to change the state of matter an object is made of.
- SPELLING-a set spelling list will not being coming home each week. I will send a letter with examples of the pattern we are studying. This list is not to be used to copy and memorize. You can read the words with your child or find them in their books they take home. We work with the pattern all week and I will choose at random 15 words to test them over to see if they understand the pattern studied. If you have any questions please message me on class dojo!
- Make sure your child is reading each night and filling out reading log. I will check these every Tuesday.
- Please remember to sign up for a time for your parent conference. If you are having trouble message us on class dojo and we can fill in the time for you.
- We have had a fabulous week!
- Please make sure that your child is studying their Math facts everyday. We are making progress. Yay!!
- Monday, October 12th will be our parent conferences. Please check your dojo messages for information.
- Spelling Test every Friday
- Mayor Speeches Due FRIDAY
- Remember to read nightly
- We enjoyed the Mayor of Meadow, Natalie Howard, coming and visiting with the class on what to expect as a Mayor.
- Practice Multiplication facts, 10 minutes every night. We have a quiz for them every Friday. Not knowing math facts will be a struggle trying to do 5th grade Math. So please, study your math fact cards.
As we move into the season with drastic weather changes and more common flu and strep, please monitor your children for illness. If they have fever >100.0 F they CAN NOT come to school. Please don’t give them medicine to make fever or symptoms better and send them anyway. To return to school, your student must be fever free for 3 days WITHOUT the use of fever reducing medications such as Tylenol, ibuprofen, advil, etc. Please also keep an eye on your children for sore throats, coughing, or shortness of breath. We want to keep our school open and everyone as healthy as possible. If anyone has any questions please call me at the school or email me at email@example.com
Also, be sure to bring updated immunization records for this new school year if you haven’t already. I will be going through student’s immunization records that we have at school to make sure everyone is caught up. If you are not caught up (or we don’t have updated records), I will be contacting you by mail &/ phone to get your children up to date on immunizations.
As Always… WASH YOUR HANDS!
BRONCO FOOTBALL NEWS!!
First home game of the season, come out and cheer our BRONCOS to victory!
Meadow Broncos vs- Valley (here)
Friday, September 11th
PEP RALLY THEMES
WEAR ALL PURPLE!!
BEAT THE PATRIOTS!!
MEET OUR PTO!!
Who are we?
PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) is a nonprofit organization.
What do we do?
We give back to the School and your children. We have meetings (not as often as we should) to discuss any fundraisers we can have through the year and any up coming events we may be having throughout the year that PTO can help fund or participate in.
What we need?
Volunteers!!!!!! No, we are not going to BUG you, but a little help goes A LONG WAYYYY! We currently have all of our positions filled for the “BEHIND THE SCENES” related stuff BUT volunteers would be greatly appreciated. So, who are the behind the scenes ladies you ask?
HURRICANE LAURA RELIEF SUPPLY DRIVE
The following items are being accepted and will be delivered to community partners in
Elmer, La on or around September 15th.
Non Perishable Foods
Gas Cans (New)
Fans (new or used in good working order)
Drop off locations (Items must be dropped off by Monday, September 14):
Terry County Vet Hospital
Meadow Farmers Coop Gin
First Baptist Church Meadow
Meadow School AG Shop
Cash or check donations accepted as well:
Please call FBC Meadow, Pastor Greg Breedlove @(806) 632-4080 to make arrangements
Your child's name will be displayed on the day of their birthday. If their special day falls on a weekend their shout out will be displayed on the Friday before. This is open to ALL Meadow students and staff.
SEPTEMBER LUNCH MENU
- The tardy bells rings @ 7:45 am please come into the office to sign your child in.
- Please call school office @806-539-2527 if your child is sick and will not be in school
- Bring a water bottle to school everyday
- Masks required for students in grades 4-5
- Students participate in 30 minutes of music and PE everyday. Please make sure children have athletic shoes to wear for PE.
- Las campanas de tardanza suenan a las 7:45 am si su hijo llega tarde, por favor venga a la oficina para registrar la entrada de su hijo.
- Llame a la oficina de la escuela al 806-539-2527 si su hijo está enfermo y no estará en la escuela.
- lTraiga una botella de agua a la escuela todos los días
- Se requieren máscaras para los estudiantes en los grados 4-5
- Los estudiantes participan en 30 minutos de música y educación física todos los días. Por favor, asegúrese de que los niños tengan zapatos deportivos para usar en educación física.