IHS Family Update
From Principal Zipp-McLaughlin
APRIL 28: IN THIS NEWSLETTER ...
- IHS PTSA needs your support
- Career Connections
- Senior Save the Dates and Information- NEW EVENTS
- Decision Day for Seniors
- 9th/10th-grade awards ceremony (Video posted tonight at 6:30 PM!)
- AP Testing
- Infinite Campus
- Tutoring Opportunities
- Safe School Helpline
- Upcoming events by month
APPLY FOR A $100 STEM SCHOLARSHIP!
Are science or math your child’s favorite subjects? Do they love to build things or experiment with technology? Are they hoping to pursue a career in the sciences? If you answered yes to any of these questions, the STEM Scholarship may be a great opportunity for your child! West Irondequoit Central PTSA is pleased to offer students an opportunity to earn a scholarship to pursue further learning in the science, technology, engineering, or math subject areas. Students entering grades 6-12 in the 2022-2023 school year are eligible. Here’s what you need to know:
- Scholarship may be used for a camp, a conference, or a seminar related to STEM.
- To apply, fill out the application form attached below (it can also be found at www.wicptsa.org under “Scholarships”). Send it with a recommendation by a math, science, engineering or technology teacher.
- The activity should take place during the summer of 2022 and may not conflict with school attendance, unless sanctioned by the district.
- Each scholarship (six per year) will cover the tuition or entry fee up to $100.
- A variety of programs and camps for STEM are offered by local universities, colleges and museums, but the scholarship is not limited to these organizations.
Applications must be postmarked by 5/31. Complete the application and mail to:
WICPTSA STEM Scholarship
c/o Noël France
156 Belmeade Road
Rochester, NY 14617
Scholarshp recipients will be notified by June 14. Questions? Call Noël France at 576-5788 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or your child’s science, technology, engineering, math teacher. Applications and letters of recommendation will be accepted via e-mail too. Good luck!
KEY DATES & DETAILS BELOW
- May 2 is Decision Day! Come dressed wearing apparel from your college or career of choice.
- Payment information for cap and gown, $25 is due by June 1st. (make checks payable to "Class of 2022") Check or money can be delivered to Kim Schrank in the IHS main office.
- Senior Lawn Signs: Personalized senior lawn signs are $20 each. Click the link to order one today! https://forms.office.com/r/8q0NmZVKaC We will place 2 orders: one on April 15th and another on May 9th.
- Senior Slide Show and Yearbook Distribution Gathering: May 26th- 3:15pm
- Namedropper Shirts: T-shirts and hoodies with the Class of 2022 student names on the back. For pricing and to place an order, click the link below: https://forms.office.com/r/2JvRpEJdJF We will place 2 orders: one on April 15th and another on May 9th.
- Seabreeze/Senior Picnic: June 11th TBD for times and ticket prices
- Senior Ball: Friday, June 10 at Harro East, 7 pm-11 pm, Tickets are $40 each, with an Ancient Greece theme. Please contact Ms. Jaynes with questions.
- Powder Puff Game- June 13th @ 2:45
- Flag Day Plans- CHANGE IN DATE to JUNE 15; Seniors are invited to visit playgrounds and K-3 buildings for a parade using this schedule:
- NORTH end (Seneca, Colebrook, Listwood); playground pics, 1:30-2 PM; building visit 2-2:20 PM
- SOUTH end (Brookview, Southlawn, Briarwood); building visit, 2-2:20 PM; playground pics, 2:20-2:50 PM
- 3rd annual Car Parade: Friday, June 17, @ 6 PM. Seniors and families will line up at IHS and follow a scheduled route through neighborhoods. Plan to decorate your vehicle!
- Graduation Rehearsal: Thursday, June 23 at 11 AM at IHS
- Graduation/99th IHS Commencement: Saturday, June 25 at 10 AM at Frontier Field; ALL Seniors must report to the IHS back bus loop by 8 AM to board the buses. Seniors must ride the buses to graduation so that we can line up and be prepared.
STAFF APPRECIATION LUNCHEON
WATCH THE AWARDS PRESENTATION TONIGHT!
DISTRICT VOTE IS MAY 17
The annual District Budget Vote and Board of Education candidate election is Tuesday, May 17 from 6 AM to 9 PM at the St. Paul Fire Department. PTSA is once sponsoring Netsins Ice Cream Truck from 5:30-8 PM. The Budget edition of "The Quote" will arrive in residents' mailboxes in early May. You also will be able to access it on the District website at THIS LINK. Find more vote information there on:
- Board of Education candidate bios for Courtney Shouse & Matthew Sullivan
- WICPTSA Candidates' Night (video replay posted May 3) on YouTube
- Budget Adoption video (video/April 14th meeting)
- Proposed Budget for 2022-23 school year
On behalf of the faculty and administration at IHS, we are proud of your child’s initiative and willingness to challenge themselves at the highest level. Please contact Ms. Harford at 336-3037 or email@example.com with any questions.
INFINITE CAMPUS FOR PARENTS
If you do not have an Infinite Campus account, please use this link to learn more. If you need support signing up for an Infinite Campus account, please contact the IHS Counseling Office at 336- 2921.
IHS DEPT. CENTERS ARE OPEN FOR DROP-IN SUPPORT
SAFE SCHOOL HELPLINE
Safety is our top priority. Many students have been active in supporting a positive school climate by reporting their concerns through the Safe School Helpline. We continue to encourage, if you see something or have knowledge about something that is unsafe, say something!
Students/Parents/Guardians can also report directly to a teacher, counselor, administrator their concerns. Please remember to provide as many specifics as possible.
The Safe School Helpline is a convenient, confidential way for anyone to report information about situations that might affect safety at our schools. You can call the number any time of the day or night to report concerns about unsafe or potentially disruptive activities or situations including drug or alcohol abuse, weapons, harassment, bullying or threats. All calls are completely confidential.
This link will take you to the helpline or you can call using the numbers below:
800-418-6423 (800-4-1-VOICE ext. 359)
April 8: Third Quarter Ends- report cards to follow
April 12:Seabreeze Interviews @IHS Large Cafeteria, starting at 2:45 pm
April 12: District Vocal Jazz Night
April 13: Wear Purple to celebrate the Month of the Military Child
April 15: First Cut off Date for Personalized Senior Lawn Signs and Name Dropper Apparel
April 15-22: Spring Recess/ April Institute
April 26: NHS Spring Induction Ceremony @ 6 pm
April 28: 9th &10th-grade Awards/Recognition (Watch at 6:30 tonight via this link)
May 2: Decision Day for Seniors
May 2-6: Staff Appreciation Week
May 2-13: AP Testing
May 3: District Instrumental Jazz Night
May 4: 11th and 12th Grade Awards Ceremony (Virtual ) @6 pm
May 7: SAT
May 9: Final Cut Off Date for Personalized Senior Lawn Signs and Name Dropper Apparel
May 12: Student Council Breakfast 7 am
May 17: District Vote
May 19: Symphonic Band/Orchestra at 7 pm
May 23: Choristers/DSS/Sweet 16/ Jazz Choir Concert at 7 pm
May 26: Senior Slide Show and Yearbook Gathering at 3:15pm
May 27: Junior Prom @ Rochester Hyatt, 7 pm-11 pm
May 30: Memorial Day - No School
June 1: Graduation Concert @ 6:30pm
June 2: World Language Awards TBD
June 4: SAT
June 7: Athletic Awards TBD
June 2-4: Spring Comedy (Note: an earlier version had incorrect dates)
June 10: Senior Ball @ Harro East from 7pm-11pm
June 11: Senior Trip to Seabreeze
June 11: ACT (Register by May 6th)
June 13: Powder Puff- 2:45pm-3:30pm
June 13-14: Senior Cap and Gown Pick up/ Senior Laptop, books drop off
June 14: Last day of classes/ Flag Day details to follow
June 15: Seniors visit K-3 schools and playgrounds
June 15-23: NYS Regents Exams
June 17: Senior Car Parade @ IHS, 6pm
June 20: Observed Juneteenth- No School
June 23: Graduation Rehearsal
June 25: Graduation @ Frontier Field, 10 AM; Seniors report to buses at IHS by 8 AM
SPRING SPORTS ARE UNDER WAY!
The first spring game for all of our teams is scheduled for Saturday with IHS Softball! See our full schedule here: ATHLETIC SCHEDULE. The inaugral IHS Girls Flag Football game vs. Eastridge is 7 PM this Friday, April 29 at IHS. Come support this brand new team in a NYSPHSAA-sanctioned sport!
SCHOOL CONTACT INFORMATION
Address: 260 Cooper Road
Principal: Alecia Zipp-McLaughlin | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Principal: Amy Donk | email@example.com
- Assistant Principal: Barbara Harford | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Principal: Casey Nelan | email@example.com
Main office: (585) 266-7351
Secretary: Kim Schrank | firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Office: 585-336-2938
- Nurse: Mary Piston
Counseling Center: 336-2921
Attendance Office: 336-2919
Technology Support: https://wicsd.tech/
District Office: 585-342-5500 | District website: westirondequoit.org
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE IHS EVENTS CALENDAR