The Weekly Forecast - November 4-8
Officially the Academy of Environmental Sciences at DFES
- It was slightly scary as I was typing the date for this edition of the weekly forecast...November 4....Where does the time go? Maybe it's just me. Hope that you all had a good weekend. I have a SCASA board meeting scheduled for 12:30 Monday. Please see Mrs. Poore should you need an administrator.
- Our school will serve as a host site for our local elections on November 6. We will provide further details of where voting will take place tomorrow.
- CogAt Testing for 2nd graders begins Tuesday through Thursday.
- Lucy Calkins PD will be held for the 3rd grade team from 8:00-11:00 and for the 4th grade team from 11:30-2:30 in the conference room.
- School based committees will meet at 3:15. Facilitators will notify teams of respective meeting locations.
- 2nd Cup of Coffee in the media center from 7:30-8:30.
- Make up date for Fall pictures. Mrs. Poore will send further details.
- I will be out of the building for principal meetings beginning at 1:00. See Mrs. Poore should you need assistance from an administrator.
- Tag of Honor - We are looking forward to our first program of the year and celebrating students and their successes. Just a couple of reminders and info for our new staff. Spirit day will not be observed this Friday...professional dress is the expectation given the occasion. Finally just a reminder to utilize parking in the rear of our campus to accommodate our visitors.
- 11/3 Dr. Rood
Food for Thought...
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain." - author unknown -