COMMUNICATION TIPS for the New School Year
ANNUAL VERIFICATION PROCESS
This verification process ensures that your emergency contact information is current and gives us the details we need to best serve your students and communicate with your household.
You should have received an email with all the details and a secure link, called a SNAPCODE. If you did not receive an email, please check your other email accounts (as the email goes to the email listed in Powerschool as the "Primary" account). You should also check your junk email folder. If you can't find an email or if your email has changed, please contact your school. Use this email to connect with the school staff managing verification:
- MHS = firstname.lastname@example.org
- MJHS = mjhs@email@example.com
- CGIS = cgis@firstname.lastname@example.org
- MRIS = mris@email@example.com
- SHE = she@firstname.lastname@example.org
- JSE = jse@email@example.com
- FHE = fhe@firstname.lastname@example.org
ALERTS (Phone and eMail)
As you may know, we communicate with families through both email and voice mail. When it is necessary to close school or in an emergency, this information is critical. Swift K12 is the tool we use for emergency contacts. We pull all contact information from Powerschool, which makes the verification process mentioned above ... VERY IMPORTANT. Likewise, we request that any changes that occur during the year be communicated to the school as soon as possible.
A few additions of interest ...
- We recently added an alumni affairs section to our website and within that section, we are posting news about alumni. We call it ALUMNI OF NOTE. Please share!
- Our website hosting company will be releasing an app soon and we will notify you when you can download it from your app store. While our website is mobile-friendly, many people prefer having the app loaded to their mobile device instead.
- If you or a loved one are NOT on social media but want to see what we are sharing ... just go to our district or school home page, and scroll to the bottom. This will give you a view of most of our posts. Enjoy!
Peachjar is an online service that allows for digital distribution of flyers. For many years, parents received a Friday folder filled with flyers from the community and school - some useful and some not so much. This ended up wasting tons of paper each year. Also, families with older students often complained that important information shared at school never made it home. This option gives parents greater access to community and school information.
The Peachjar app gives you control of what you see and when you see it. You can also search to find flyers in specific categories or look up old notices. The best part is you don't have to keep up with the paper, and you can automatically link from the form to send an email or register for an event.
Sign up at https://www.peachjar.com/parents.html and take advantage of having flyers at your fingertips (plus, you can save a tree in the process)!
Learn more at https://www.maryville-schools.org/parentsstudents/peachjar.
- Facebook: @MaryvilleCitySchools
- Twitter: @MC_Schools
- Instagram: @MaryvilleSchools
You can also review the bus route information detailed on our website (https://www.maryville-schools.org/central-office/transportation/bus-routes), or simply call us when you have a question at (865) 982-7121.