Enfield Head Start, Integrated Pre-K, PK STEAM Academy
MEET SELC, our mascot! He is an eaglet who will grow up to be an Enfield High School Eagle.
November 17, 2023
Next week has a lot going on, with and early release on Monday for afternoon and evening conferences and then another early release on Wednesday, followed by 2 no school days for Eaglets. Changes in routine can be challenging for little ones to navigate. Rely on your linear calendars, talking to your child about what they school days and home days will look like this week. Making things as predictable as possible will be a powerful strategy for you to use over the next few weeks!
*CHECK OUT THE FALL/WINTER COMMUNITY RESOURCE GUIDE FOR FAMILIES WITH YOUNG CHILDREN AT THE BOTTOM OF THE NEWSLETTER!!! THIS GUIDE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY OUR HEAD START FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICE IN PARTNERSHIP WITH KITE. IT IS UPDATED SEASONALLY, AND WILL REMAIN IN THIS NEWSLETTER FOR QUICK REFERENCE!
A FEW REMINDERS for NOVEMBER:
- Early release NOVEMBER 20th for conferences
- Early release November 22ND
- NO SCHOOL NOVEMBER 23TH AND 24TH
- Early release NOVEMBER 29th for conferences
Early Release times by program:
Head Start full day: dismissal at 12:30
Head Start part day: dismissal at 11:30
Integrated Pre-K: AM classes only, no PM classes
PK STEAM Academy: dismissal at 12:30
A few reminders:
- Payment for iPad insurance was due by 10/15/23. You can send a check payable to Enfield Public Schools, cash handed to a classroom staff so they can document accordingly, or on MySchoolBucks (See DIRECTIONS BELOW).
- If your child outgrows their clothing (especially pants) Nurse Jen will take them! Accidents happen and we run out of extra clothing quickly!
- Health and safety are top priorities and I thank you for doing your part! Nurse Jen and I are overwhelmed with how incredibly diligent all of you have been in regards to monitoring your child for illness and asking questions as they arise!
- Nurse Jen will need proof of flu vaccination by December 22, 2023. You can email it to her firstname.lastname@example.org, send in a hard copy, or fax it (860) 253-0096!
IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO SIGN UP!
Click below to share your own LIFE HACKS!
As part of our ongoing commitment to fostering innovation and interactive learning experiences, we will be sending a weekly iPad activity designed to combine technology with family bonding.
Click below for a video on how to use iMovie!
Menu for the week of 11-20-23
A MESSAGE FROM NURSE JEN! Due to Winter BREAK, documentation of vaccination MUST be in by 12-22-23
NUTRITION NUGGETS FROM NURSE JEN!
SMILE! SPOTLIGHT ON ORAL HEALTH FROM NURSE JEN!
SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING SNACK
FALL/WINTER Community Resource Guide for Young Families
Product Safety Recalls as of 11/17/2023
IKEA Expands Recall of Mirrors Due to Laceration Hazard
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled mirrors and contact IKEA to order a free set of replacement wall fittings and instructions. Alternatively, customers can return the mirror to any IKEA store for a full refund. Proof of purchase (receipt) is not required to receive a full refund.
Twin-Star International Recalls Infrared Quartz Electric Fireplaces Due to Fire Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Lowe's
Consumers should immediately stop using and unplug the recalled electric fireplace and contact Twin-Star for a refund of the purchase price. Consumers should complete the online recall registration form at www.twinstarhome.com/recall or call Twin-Star for information on how to take part in this recall.
DR Power Equipment Recalls Tow-Behind Field & Brush Mowers Due to Fire and Burn Hazards
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled mowers and contact DR Power Equipment for a prorated refund or credit toward a new DR Power product. The prorated refund or credit will be determined based on the age of the unit. DR Power is contacting all known purchasers directly.
Amer Sports Winter & Outdoor Recalls Ski Touring Bindings Due to Fall and Injury Hazards
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled ski bindings and return them to any authorized Armada, Atomic Ski, or Salomon dealer for a free inspection and a free replacement of the toe portion of the ski bindings, if included in the recall.
Joining a new school community can sometimes feel like learning a new language as you acclimate to the procedures, environment, people, and lingo. I will leave this in this space for reference all year. See below to continue learning about all things Stowe:
- SELC=Stowe Early Learning Center
- SELC=our mascot (the eaglet featured above)
- FEO=Family Educator Organization
- ECDC=Enfield Child Development Center
- EPS=Enfield Public Schools
- FRC=Family Resource Center
- IPS=Integrated Pre-K
- HS=Head Start
- KITE=Key Initiatives to Early Education
- PKS=PK STEAM Academy
- Eaglets=all children taking part in any program at SELC
- Main Office=860-253-4741
- Head Start Family Support=860-253-4717
Our building is quite unique in that we house 4 PK programs, a Family Resource Center, and KITE.